When Tomar allegedly threatened her again, the woman again approached the police. Efforts were made to contact the girl seen in the video but she approached the police on Friday and gave a written statement.
In the video, which was filmed and posted online by Tomar's friend, he is seen dragging a woman by her hair, pushing her to the ground, kicking and punching her.
A medical examination was conducted, after which an FIR under sections 376 (rape), 323 (voluntarily causing hurt), and 354 (assault or criminal force to woman with intent to outrage her modesty) was registered at the station. Reportedly, the girl had broken off with the accused some three months back and he has been harassing her ever since. Meanwhile, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh said he saw the video and has asked for immediate action.
In the video, Tomar is seen thrashing the woman when she threatened to file a police complaint against him.
The police said the video appeared to have been shot by a friend of Tomar at a private office in West Delhi.
A video of a man brutally beating up a woman in Delhi has surfaced and gone viral.
The video was filmed by Tomar's friend, who is heard in the background saying: "Rohit, stop it.Enough!"
The DCW had sent a notice to the SHO of Tilak Nagar and sought factual report of the incident and copy of the FIR.
- Death toll from Florence rises to 7, North Carolina officials say
- US imposes North Korea-related sanctions on Russian, Chinese firms
- At Least 4 Dead As Super Typhoon Mangkhut Hits The Philippines
- The Impact Of Hurricane Florence
- Golovkin seeks justice in rematch with Alvarez
- Pep Guardiola reveals De Bruyne's £223m release clause at Man City
- Florence dumps heavy rain on Carolinas, kills 7
- Hurricane Florence from space
- Rangers acquire D McQuaid from Bruins
- Seattle Storm sweep Washington Mystics to capture WNBA championship