"Weakening is forecast to begin by the middle of the week as Isaac approaches the Lesser Antilles", the NHC said, urging residents in the Windward Islands - Dominica, Grenada, St. Lucia and St. Vincent and the Grenadines - to pay particular attention to the storm.
A smaller hurricane dubbed Isaac is reportedly heading for the Caribbean, while Hurricane Helene - now also in the Atlantic - is forecast to track towards the UK.
The new satellite imageries taken by NOAA uncovered Tropical Storm Isaac, a former hurricane, as it's moving towards the Caribbean, and Hurricane Helene swirling right off the coast of Africa as it's expected to fly further over the ocean before taking a turn towards Europe.
It's a detail that almost got lost among all the wind, rain and storm surge data sent out by the National Hurricane Center on Wednesday.
The public is encouraged to continue monitoring the Met Office via its social media accounts and website at www.metoffice.gov.tt for updates.
"Florence is moving toward the west near 13 miles per hour".
A tropical wave could strengthen as it churns through the Gulf of Mexico today, forecasters said.
When that pile of water hits land, it becomes a storm surge, and they can be devastating.
North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper called Florence an "uninvited brute" that could wipe out entire communities as it grinds across the state.
The weekend brings quiet conditions and highs near 80 both weekend days (Sunday being slightly warmer and a bit more humid than Saturday).
The NHC is estimating that as many as 20 inches of rain could fall in some places along the southern North Carolina coast while bringing in excess of 10 inches of rain in parts of SC. Isaac continues to move westward at 20 miles per hour or 31 km/h.
Meteorologists are also keeping an eye on yet another tropical disturbance that's spinning in the western Gulf of Mexico. While development into a tropical depression is not expected since the system is nearly onshore, heavy rainfall and gusty winds are likely across portions of northeastern Mexico and Texas through Saturday.
- USA fighter jets intercept two Russian bombers near Alaska
- Hurricane Florence from space
- Chelsea must remain focused after worldwide break Maurizio Sarri
- Death toll from Florence rises to 7, North Carolina officials say
- Khan: Pacquiao Is My Priority
- Apple announces new, affordable iPhone XR
- Georgia under state of emergency ahead of hurricane
- Hurricane Florence rolls ashore in Carolinas, tears buildings apart
- Ex-Chelsea defender John Terry confirms long-term ambition to become a manager
- Hurricane Florence Drowned a Riverfront 30 Miles from the North Carolina Coast