Amir Khan has made a career out of entertaining fights and that certainly continued tonight as the 31-year-old clashed with Samuel Vargas in an exciting bout in Birmingham.
"But it's now or never for the Kell Brook fight". Promoter Eddie Hearn has also lined up the best in the 147-pound division come backing fellow Briton Kell Brook, Terence Crawford, Errol Spence, Keith Thurman as well as Danny Garcia and Shawn Porter, who, likewise, met later Saturday night.
Khan was back at 147lbs for the first time in three years and put Vargas down twice before going the championship distance and getting the 119-108, 119-108, 118-110 decision.
But Filipino veteran Pacquiao is demanding more than £10m to travel to the United Kingdom to face the former world light-welterweight champion.
The tough South American was then suddenly on the floor in the second, a vicious right flattening him as Khan's whirlwind comeback looked set to continue in devastating fashion.
Khan had to climb off the canvas before comfortably beating the game, but limited, Vargas in Birmingham.
Khan said: "There are massive fights out there like Pacquiao".
Khan used to train with Pacquiao, who holds a version of the WBA welterweight title, at Freddie Roach's gym in LA.
"I think Pacquiao's power is just too much". I want Manny Pacquiao.
He was up quickly but was immediately sent staggering backwards again amid more lightning Khan combinations.
From there, with new trainer Joe Goossen looking to refine the early mistakes, Khan began to show his world class boxing skills as he beautifully circled his man and sprung into life with electrifying pace in the succeeding rounds.
"I want to fight before the end of the year so this was a great warm-up fight for me". He's the fastest fighter I've ever seen.
This was a lot more hard than the 39-second demolition job on Phil Lo Greco five months ago in another step back before a big fight after being knocked cold by Saul Alvarez in May 2015.
"How does he do against Pacquiao, do I have to even answer that?"
- Golovkin seeks justice in rematch with Alvarez
- 4 dead as Hurricane Florence drenches the Carolinas
- The Weather Channel’s green-screen hurricane simulation is terrifying
- Brexit minister Raab: No EU deal, no settlement
- Ex-Chelsea defender John Terry confirms long-term ambition to become a manager
- `Historic` hurricane Florence moves towards Carolinas, thousands in the United States at risk
- A tricked-out iPhone XS Max costs more than a MacBook
- Hurricane Florence rolls ashore in Carolinas, tears buildings apart
- Hurricane Florence lashes USA east coast, triggers flood warnings
- Apple announces new, affordable iPhone XR