And the Italian gaffer has chose to swap skippers, with defender Gary Cahill no longer a sure-fire starter at Stamford Bridge.
The former Chelsea captain's future has been the subject of much speculation, after he nearly joined Russian side Spartak Moscow before deciding against it at the last minute.
Chelsea will be aiming to maintain their impressive 100% start to the Premier League season when they welcome Neil Warnock's newly promoted Cardiff to Stamford Bridge tomorrow afternoon.
"I don't know the situation, I have to speak to the doctor, I don't know if he will be able to play".
"We have to make decisions, which I do with the owner in terms of what we can do and what we can't do".
"If I don't score anymore but the team keep winning and I'm helping the team I will be happy".
"I don't know if there is a chance; he told me he wants to play. We need another step to be at the same level", said the Blues head coach. "I think this season is too soon, but I hope not", he said.
Cesc Fabregas is fit again following a knee injury, but Sarri suggested it may be more beneficial for the playmaker to train this weekend, rather than be a substitute. To close that gap in only one season is very hard. "It will be a very hard game for everybody who plays Cardiff".
It might be the right time for the defender to hang his boots and join the Sarri's coaching staff at the Stamford Bridge.
- Naomi Osaka "Not Sad" About Serena Controversy Overshadowing US Open Win
- Hurricane Florence unleashes wrath on USA , with worst yet to come
- Hurricane Florence closes in on Carolinas
- Manafort forfeits Trump Tower apartment in plea deal
- Man jailed for 9 months for writing fake TripAdvisor reviews
- USA fighter jets intercept two Russian bombers near Alaska
- Russian accused by London over spy poisoning may speak next week
- Eminem - Killshot Lyrics (Machine Gun Kelly Diss)
- Brexit minister Raab: No EU deal, no settlement
- Red Sox Manager Calls Trump's Puerto Rico Tweets "Disrespectful"