Mosley's injury, as well as the way the Ravens were dominated up front, should be more concerning than a 1-1 record after two games. They missed them entirely.
The Bengals also got off to a winning start on Sunday, and in doing so have released their new secret weapon in Joe Mixon.
The Cincinnati Bengals defeated the Baltimore Ravens, 34-23, kicking off the second full week of action in the NFL. Thanks to a bone-rattling defensive effort in the fourth quarter, in which Cincinnati outscored the Colts 17-0, the Bengals were able to put the game out of reach late after Clatyon Fejedelem's 83-yard scoop-and-score. Past year the Bengals eliminated the Ravens from the playoffs in the final seconds and you can be guaranteed that the Ravens have not forgotten that.
Andy Dalton had it working in the first half, and outside of a couple of slightly off-target throws and a contested jump ball he forced on an end zone fade, he was spot on. The Bengals of Lewis and Dalton might not have a postseason victory.
Former Bengals great Chad "Ochocinco" Johnson is known for his insane character on Twitter, but the retired receiver went to another level on Thursday night.
Cincinnati: Andy Dalton has shown plenty of times throughout his career that when he's on, he can compete with the best of them. Working behind a revamped line, he completed 21 of 28 for 243 yards with two touchdowns, one interception and a passer rating of 109.7 at Indianapolis, a notable improvement over last season. Quarterback Joe Flacco was harassed all game long, resulting in four sacks. But they failed on a two-point conversion that would have gotten them to within three points.
Bengals kicker Randy Bullock added one more field goal for the final margin.
"It just happened to fall that way", Green said.
Dalton and Green are the mainstays of the offense.
The second-year back left the game in the third quarter with a right knee injury. Young linebackers Hardy Nickerson and Jordan Evans appeared to mostly fare fine with starting middle linebacker Preston Brown out because of an injury and Vontaze Burfict sitting out due to a suspension.
"It felt a little weird, but it was crunch time", Mixon said ...
Bengals play at Carolina. There are 14 games left, and they'll get another crack at the Bengals at M&T Bank Stadium Nov. 18.
The Steelers have won three of the last four AFC North titles. Flacco had some shaky moments. Both sides enjoyed big wins in their opening games, so who can keep their momentum going?
However, the Bengals have enough depth to withstand the loss of Johnson, especially in the form of Sam Hubbard.
- The Weather Channel’s green-screen hurricane simulation is terrifying
- Tevez explains the difference between Ronaldo and Messi
- Ex-Chelsea defender John Terry confirms long-term ambition to become a manager
- Tropical Storm Isaac expected to regain hurricane strength
- Hurricane Florence closes in on Carolinas
- Naomi Osaka "Not Sad" About Serena Controversy Overshadowing US Open Win
- Hurricane Florence unleashes wrath on USA , with worst yet to come
- 4 dead as Hurricane Florence drenches the Carolinas
- Hurricane Florence Drowned a Riverfront 30 Miles from the North Carolina Coast
- Meghan Markle birthday well-wishers receive thank you cards from duchess