"It's a huge battle", said Jin, who estimated that 1,700 of the missing USA forces from the war came from that fight alone.
According to recent reports, on Monday, the USA military agency leading the analysis on bodies have confirmed that they have identified the remains of the first two American troops which were mixed together with other 55 boxes of other countries human remains which were obtained from the 1950 to 1953 Korean War which were handed over by the North Korea in the beginning of July.
According to estimates from the Department of Defense, there are approximately 7,700 US troops who remain missing from the Korean War.
Sampling for DNA analysis has been carried out so far on about half of the boxes of remains, they said.
Between 1996 and 2005, the US worked with North Korea and recovered around 400 caskets of remains, though Washington halted the cooperation in 2005 as it could not guarantee the safety of its personnel. One of the deceased is presumed to be African-American.
The forensic teams have reportedly analyzed 23 of the 55 sets of remains, though some are more complete than others.
The latest identifications will chip away at the 7,699 USA troops who the United States military says remain unaccounted for from the Korean War.
She spoke above tables of bone fragments, still separated with numbers corresponding with the 55 boxes. He was evacuated south on a US Navy ship, she said.
The meeting took place at the border truce village of Panmunjom in the DMZ on Friday, the US-led United Nations Command Korea said in a statement. The US military estimates that more than 7,000 US troops who lost their lives during the Korean War remain unaccounted for. The two nations are still technically at war, but hostilities ended following the signing of what was meant to be a temporary armistice in 1953.
- The Last Remnant Remastered Announced and Arriving on The Playstation 4
- Booker, Menendez Condemn Supreme Court Nominee at New Brunswick Church
- Turkey central bank stuns markets with giant rate hike
- OnePlus 6T will not have a headphone jack
- People are having ‘hurricane parties’ to distract themselves from Florence
- Hurricane Florence: Why mandatory evacuations don't always chase away everybody
- Hundreds more flights canceled as Florence nears the Carolina coastal area
- NASA Releases Footage Of Hurricane Florence And Her 'Mike Tyson Punch'
- Nintendo Switch sales cross 5 million units in Japan
- Injured Arsenal midfielder Lucas Torreira unlikely to play vs Newcastle United