Tottenham Hotspur have been rocked by the news that both Hugo Lloris and Dele Alli will miss Saturday lunchtime's crunch clash with Premier League leaders Liverpool, who are bidding for a fifth win on the bounce when they take on a depleted Spurs side at Wembley.
The Reds resume their Premier League campaign on Saturday after the worldwide break, looking to extend their unbeaten start to 2018/19.
I think they will come second to Man City. A lot watch our games from the Champions League, it's our job, to do the best we can do.
He added: "From now on, we have one day to rest, one to prepare and one to play". We need to be really good because all the other teams are so good.
"If it's late in the season that you see you have a chance to do that or do this and all that stuff".
Given the manner of the defeat at Wembley last season, Liverpool will be desperate to beat Spurs when they travel to London tomorrow.
The England captain has scored twice for club and country since the start of the season and has yet to hit the heights seen in recent years.
"I think they'll win this one but toppling Manchester City for the title will be so hard".
I don't want to be too critical because I don't know exactly how he said it, but sitting in the office and talking about football is a bit different to doing the job, to be honest.
"Unfortunately he [Lovren] is not fit at the moment, but I am sure he will be back in a pretty intense period with seven games in the next three weeks".
After four successive wins, Jurgen Klopp's team sit top of the table-but their biggest test so far comes with the trip to the national stadium.
"I'll go for 2-1 Liverpool".
"But on the other side we still knew we had a good team".
Goalkeeper Lloris sustained a thigh problem during last month's 3-0 win at Manchester United, which meant he missed the subsequent 2-1 loss at Watford and France's global commitments over the past week.
- Donald Trump: China 'Under Pressure' to Make a Deal with United States
- CLOSINGS: Several schools close ahead of Hurricane Florence
- Nintendo Direct to take place tomorrow, September 13
- Student killed in twin bomb attack near Afghan girls school
- Puerto Rican Officials Slam Trump for Claiming Response to Maria Was "Success"
- Meghan Markle labelled 'duchASS' by angry sister Samantha
- Mets' David Wright set to play on September 29
- Forza Horizon 4 Hands-On
- Alli, Lloris to miss Liverpool match
- Pope orders investigation into United States bishop