Pallett later retracted the allegations and apologised for putting someone in that position under strong interviewing from Celebrity Big Brother host Emma Willis.
She claimed at the time that he deliberately hurt her, but later admitted she actually got it wrong. Online that she will return to reality television as part of Channel 4's Celebrity Coach Trip revival.
He explained: "As it unravelled, as it became bigger and bigger, the thing that scared me the most was when Ben (Jardine) told me she couldn't stay in the room with me because she was scared".
The former Coronation Street star appeared on Jeremy Vine on Wednesday morning to discuss the incident in which he was accused of punching his co-star Roxanne.
"I was sensitive and emotional and mistook what was playful - I apologise for it, I shouldn't have questioned his motivation". In that situation you want your friends and loved ones but the whole process.it's tedious. Nominations become a disgusting thing because you end up having to b***h and I know it has to happen and everyone knows what they're doing in there'.
"If she wants forgiveness and it makes her feel better, I would rather give her that because I think she's been punished enough by the public and people around her".
He told Vine: "I've not seen any of that back".
Lucy continued: "As long as she now gets the help she needs then I think it's time we all draw a line under it".
"You know, it's something now, looking forward, it's not something I want to dwell on".
She said: "I found it really hard coming out of the house, I can't imagine what it must be like to come out to that kind of reaction".
"I think that Roxanne's been through a lot".
Following Roxanne's "CBB" accusation, she dubbed herself the "most hated girl in Britain", and quit her radio breakfast show on Minster FM, and her titular role in forthcoming panto "Cinderella".
- Landslide at famed Greek 'shipwreck' beach injures 7
- Donald Trump: China 'Under Pressure' to Make a Deal with United States
- Juncker calls on European Union to flex global muscle as United States retreats
- 'Life-Threatening' Hurricane Florence Is Barreling Toward the Carolinas
- South Carolina coastline battered as Hurricane Florence lands
- Breanna Stewart, Seattle Storm surge past Washington Mystics for WNBA title
- Mets' David Wright set to play on September 29
- Supermarkets cited in crackdown on e-cigarettes
- Pope orders investigation into United States bishop
- Marcus Rashford 'to fight for Manchester United place'