Ozil ended his global career after the World Cup, citing "racism and disrespect" over his Turkish roots.
However, it is highly unlikely Fenerbahce will be able to offer Ozil anything in the region of the £350,000-per-week he earns at Arsenal, making talks of this transfer very doubtful.
Emery is hoping for a fresh start for a player he wants to see relishing his opportunity to affect games for the club.
'He is feeling like I am feeling.
He started the opening two matches of Emery's first campaign at the Emirates, but ESPN reported that he was left out against the Hammers after arguing with the Spaniard and walking out of training.
"Every conversation with him is speaking about us and about our work here every day", he said. "In this process, we will work, we will help him, give him the possibility on the pitch to be together, to find his qualities for us". "He is working for the team to help us with his quality".
"Saturday is another step we can do, it will be hard but I want to continue [to show] our personality on the pitch and impose this personality on the opposition and to find the win".
Mesut Ozil started out on the wing at Cardiff and he's enjoyed some rest during the global break after retiring from worldwide duty so I expect him to keep his place ahead of Henrikh Mkhitaryan in attack.
There have been calls for Stephan Lichtsteiner to come in at right-back but I think Hector Bellerin will keep his place and he should once again line-up alongside Nacho Monreal, Shkodran Mustafi and Sokratis in the back four.
- Rain Keeps NASCAR Cars Off Track In Indianapolis
- Hundreds more flights canceled as Florence nears the Carolina coastal area
- New York Democrats decide governor, attorney general races
- Jeff and MacKenzie Bezos create $2 billion fund to fight homelessness
- East Coast Gasoline Prices Are Surging Ahead Of Hurricane Florence
- Turkey central bank stuns markets with giant rate hike
- Canada's Freeland to hold NAFTA talks in Washington on Tuesday
- Don't Be Fooled by Hurricane Florence Being 'Downgraded.' It's Still Very Dangerous
- Bank of England's Carney extends term at helm to Jan 2020
- A.M. Update: Florence weakens slightly as approaches NC coast