But it was a sad day for those diehard fans of Apple's older products, as the Cupertino tech giant took the chance to clean house. Most surprisingly, despite including only a single wide-angle lens, Apple has managed to bring Portrait Mode to the iPhone XR by using the A12 ISP and Neural Engine to create depth segmentation maps.
Here are all the devices Apple just discontinued.
From the look of things, the iPhone11,8 identifier appears to be the iPhone XR because it sports 3GB of RAM and previous rumors have also stated that the LCD-based version of the 2018 family will have 1GB of memory less than the remaining two models.
These days, you can still find it at third-party retailers like Walmart for $US179.
At the keynote, Apple showed its entire lineup of iPhone for 2018-19.
The iPhone 6S and 6S Plus were unveiled in 2015 and it was evident Apple would kill the handset sooner or later. Techradar's Apple iPhone XR hands on can be enjoyed in full, at a time that suits you, right now. But beware that if you're planning to buy an iPhone 8, it won't come with a dongle, either. According to the reliable Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo, Apple paid $US120 to $US130 per screen unit, about twice as much as it normally pays for screens.
Until it was killed off on Wednesday, the iPhone SE had been a rare budget-conscious device from Apple, priced at $US350. It was smaller and more lightweight than other iPhones, too, still sporting the well-regarded iPhone 5 design. The company removed the headphone jack in its iPhones starting with the iPhone 7 and said that it believed the future of audio centered on wireless technology.
Perhaps the most shocking news to come out of the iPhone event was that Apple has made a decision to kill off the iPhone X.
- OnePlus 6T will not have a headphone jack
- Bank of England's Carney extends term at helm to Jan 2020
- NASA Releases Footage Of Hurricane Florence And Her 'Mike Tyson Punch'
- Apple Launches 3 New iPhone Models with Improved Cameras, Bigger Screens
- East Coast Gasoline Prices Are Surging Ahead Of Hurricane Florence
- Canada's Freeland to hold NAFTA talks in Washington on Tuesday
- MTHS alum, athlete serves on Seattle Storm coaching staff
- Donald Trump: China 'Under Pressure' to Make a Deal with United States
- Booker, Menendez Condemn Supreme Court Nominee at New Brunswick Church
- ‘Premier League is tough,’ admits Liverpool’s Naby Keita