Lloris, who was sentenced for a drink-driving charge on Wednesday, will be missing for several weeks with a thigh injury.
A breathalyser test on the scene found Lloris to have been over twice the drink drive limit.
Magistrate Amanda Barron said it was "pure luck" Lloris "did not cause damage to other vehicles or pedestrians", and that his actions had put his life, and that of his passenger, at risk.
'Of course he doesn't feel great. He said he was guilty of this situation and it's irresponsible. "He made a first mistake - he chose to drive".
"Of course we had a conversation and he explained all that happened", said Pochettino.
He told RMC Sport: "Do I have a return date?" That is why I said to Sonny "I'm waiting for my present".
'It was a mistake & then we are men & women - we can all make mistakes. He decided at the time to keep faith with the Frenchman as his captain but says Lloris was preparing himself for any and all punishments.
Pochettino described the 2-1 defeat at Watford as a "massive wake-up call" and said his side would have to be at their very best to have a chance of emulating last year's result against Juergen Klopp's Reds. "I think he's fit, I have not read or heard what's going on around him, the most important thing for me is that we trust him. Now, because he is clever, he learns and he is going to move on".
For Pochettino, it is the latest in a series of complications at the beginning of this campaign.
"I am learning a lot!" The player also vomited in the auto.
- Marcus Rashford 'to fight for Manchester United place'
- Trump Administration Considering Sanctioning China Over Muslim Detention Camps
- Hurricane Florence Looks Downright Terrifying From Space
- Hundreds more flights canceled as Florence nears the Carolina coastal area
- Know the differences between iPhone XS and iPhone XR
- Supermarkets cited in crackdown on e-cigarettes
- Donald Trump: China 'Under Pressure' to Make a Deal with United States
- Hurricane Florence begins battering the Carolinas
- Booker, Menendez Condemn Supreme Court Nominee at New Brunswick Church
- U.S. talks Syria airstrikes with UK, France