A surly Mourinho spent the buildup to this clash choosing to criticise rivals Manchester City's fly-on-the-wall documentary released this week, saying "you can't buy class" in reaction to the behind-the-scenes account of last season at the Etihad Stadium.
"The confidence of the players, I think you are right", replied Mourinho, when asked if it would be hard to raise the spirits of his team. "I don't want to talk for other people, I think you should ask him", he added. Proven at a top-class club, Zidane would bring fresh ideas to a stale-looking United, and he is sure to be able to get the best out of Paul Pogba, who appears in a constant battle with Mourinho.
Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has refused to blame his defenders individually for their abysmal performances in a sobering defeat against Brighton on Sunday. We did it for ourselves.
When asked for a response to Mourinho's remarks, Guardiola agreed that class can not be bought, but stressed at the same time that City meant no disrespect by the content of the documentary. I'm not agreeing with Jose in terms of [being] disrespectful. "I needed to be there", said Mourinho.
His side had a disappointing pre-season but got their Premier League campaign off to a good start with a 2-1 win over Leicester last-week, a result which would silence some of the critics.
"Liverpool are trying to win the title with their fantastic investment".
Jesus and David Silva also scored with a late Terence Kongolo own goal meaning Huddersfield have now shipped nine goals in two games.
Mourinho's players found themselves 2-0 down within half an hour but managed to pull one back through Romelu Lukaku.
"Other guys will say "we like" and other guys will say "no".
This led to lots of frustration from the United players as too many of them tried to find the magic pass and it just wasn't coming off. The Iranian worldwide was the top scorer in the Eredivisie last season and enjoyed an impressive World Cup for Team Melli.
Deep into injury time Duffy conceded a penalty which Pogba converted to make it a slightly more respectable scoreline for United. Without nothing they were winning 2-0, that gives them a big boost and that pushed us down mentally.
"We were playing at home last week and that's different". Last season, Huddersfield played five at the back.
- Mauricio Pochettino: 'I only want players who are committed to Tottenham'
- Maurizio Sarri smoking: Chelsea boss reveals plan to quit cigarettes
- 'Stop quarterly reporting', Trump tweets for his business friends
- Trump cancels funding for US stabilization efforts in Syria
- Kasey Kahne Semi-Retiring from NASCAR, Grueling Schedule Is Killing Me
- JUST IN: Kofi Annan is dead
- Deepika Padukone wasn’t invited to Priyanka Chopra’s engagement but Ranveer Singh was?
- Carbs are good for you, Harvard study finds
- Nvidia: 'Substantial Decline' in GPU Sales from Crypto Miners
- Look Wallabies front row named to face All Blacks