Beauden Barrett put the game out of contention in the second half from another Wallabies mistake and then when Israel Folau left the game injured and Australia were a man down due to his injury, Brodie Retallick sold a dummy to Bernard Foley to nearly walk in for the All Blacks' fourth try.
"Whilst we didn't score the points we wanted to score in that 20-minute phase, we did put them under a lot of pressure and I think in the end that pressure mounted and in the second half we were able to take advantage of it".
"They're the best team in the world so their scrum is always going to be pretty dominant, they'll try to use their scrum as a good platform to their backs", said Robertson, who is starting just his third Test in 22 games for Australia.
"Looked like he rolled it when he went up to catch so we will see after he gets a scan exactly what the diagnosis is". He is set to make his Wallabies debut.
"We need to be disappointed about this result", skipper Michael Hooper said. However, tries against the run of play prevented them from giving the best account of themselves when it mattered most in front of 66,318 fans growing exhausted of inconsistent performances.
"Scott's been battling on and off with his shoulder since I think the last couple of rounds of Super Rugby and I think we finally found deep down there what was giving him the problem".
Read did counsel against complacency though from his side, despite their imperious record at Eden Park, a venue in which they have not tasted defeat since 1994.
Get 3 months free Sport HD + Entertainment on a 12 month plan and watch the 2018 Bledisloe Cup & 2018 Rugby Championship with no ad-breaks during play.
All Blacks coach Steve Hansen lamented Crotty's "bad luck" to be hit by friendly fire and said a specialist had already given the midfielder the "all-clear".
"We weren't a 100 per cent clinical, there's no doubt about that", Hansen said.
"There's plenty for us to work on in the next seven days, but there's enough to be happy about".
- Google CEO Tells Staff China Plans Are ‘Exploratory’ After Backlash
- Fire in Italian bridge rubble hampers recovery efforts
- Ohio State president provides update on Urban Meyer investigation
- Unai Emery reveals who will start in goal against Chelsea
- Mauricio Pochettino: 'I only want players who are committed to Tottenham'
- Apple Hacked By Australia's Biggest Teen Fan
- Another tropical system in the Atlantic, poses no US threat
- 99-Million-Year-Old Beetle Found Trapped In Amber
- No tsunami threat to Hawaii following major Fiji natural disaster
- Gold and Satyameva Jayate collect Rs 45 crore on Independence Day release