Jonas apparently proposed on July 18 - Chopra's birthday - in London. "I love you both and wish you all the happiness forever", she added.
"First I'm blessed with an incredible future brother-in-law, and now such an handsome, inside and out, future sister-in-law".
After a "roka" ceremony made actress Priyanka Chopra and American singer Nick Jonas' relationship official, the couple partied the night away with the Ambanis and some of Priyanka's Bollywood friends in attendance here on Saturday night. At the roka, Chopra teamed the ring with a yellow salwar-kameez with an embroidered white border, while Jonas kept his outfit simple and traditional in a white kurta-pyjama.
Joe Jonas also welcomed Chopra to the family, posting the same image with the caption: "I couldn't be happier for my brother".
Anusha Dandekar, who is a close friend to Priyanka, said the couple makes "love look so easy, attractive and special". And this is exactly the way Chopra wants it, a source told E! earlier this week: "Priyanka wants everything to be traditional to respect her family's values, and definitely an Indian wedding", the source said.
Superwoman Lilly Singh also expressed her happiness on Twitter.
The engagement party - called a roka - is a chance for the couple to exchange gifts and makes the union of their families public. Jonas wore a patterned shirt and dark trousers.
Later in the day more Bollywood celebs descended at Chopra's Mumbai residence to celebrate the couple. Many celebrities, Parineeti included, posted wishes for the newly-engaged couple on social media.
- Apple Hacked By Australia's Biggest Teen Fan
- World Cup of tennis agreed in Davis Cup overhaul
- Priyanka loves you like mad: Parineeti writes moving note to Nick Jonas
- Ohio State president provides update on Urban Meyer investigation
- Bitcoin price falls below £5,000 as market hits ‘panic mode’
- Operator of collapsed Italian bridge says no early sign of trouble
- Willian Has Taken Another Swipe At Former Chelsea Boss Antonio Conte
- Another tropical system in the Atlantic, poses no US threat
- Kasey Kahne Semi-Retiring from NASCAR, Grueling Schedule Is Killing Me
- 99-Million-Year-Old Beetle Found Trapped In Amber