Ray tracing is a rendering technique for generating visual images created to simulate real life objects, but it can often take many hours of computer processing time to complete the renderings.
The Quadro RTX Server defines a new standard for on-demand rendering in the datacenter, enabling easy configuration of on-demand render nodes for batch and interactive rendering.
The problem is, ray-tracing takes a hell of a lot of graphical grunt to do; far more than any single current consumer graphics card can really handle.
Announced at SIGGRAPH on Monday, Nvidia Turing is the next-generation architecture for the Santa Clara, Calif. -based company's flagship line of graphics processors, or GPUs, and the company is pitching it as a game changer. NVIDIA announced three new graphics cards using its Turing GPU architecture, but these are all targeting the professional workspace.
Nvidia Turing will combine both its RT Cores and Tensor Cores to usher in a new form of hybrid rendering that includes both simulation and enhanced rasterization.
After many months of teasing and potential leaks, we're now officially on the home stretch when it comes to Nvidia's next-gen gaming GPUs.
The company's eighth generation of GPUs was revealed by chief executive Jensen Huang at an annual event in Vancouver, where he said that the new architecture will "fundamentally changes how computer graphics will be done, it's a step change in realism".
New RT Cores to enable real-time ray tracing of objects and environments with physically accurate shadows, reflections, refractions and global illumination.
"We now have a brand new software stack for computer graphics merging rastering and ray tracing, computing and AI", Huang said.
Applications enabled by the AI-accelerating Tensor Cores include advanced capabilities like anti-aliasing, denoising, scaling and retiming.
What seems to be clear is that GPU designs with GDDR6 memory will soon be a thing.
Major workstation and server vendors, including HPE, Dell and Lenovo, said they plan to use Nvidia's latest chips in their systems.
"NVidia started with its pursuit to produce the most incredible imagery within one 30th of a second, at the price-point consumers would pay for".
How Turing will translate into gaming graphics isn't clear.
In addition, the new cards also feature support for neural network training tools to help develop AI applications, USB-C hardware support and the ability to network two GPUs together for increased memory capacity, as well as a range of features to support VR content creation.
- Sarah Sanders’s Correction of Jobs Stats Felt Rare Because It Was
- Morocco campaign to boycott USA products in solidarity with Turkey
- L'Equipe: Zidane wants to take over at Manchester United
- Koepka holds off Woods to win 100th PGA Championship
- Westminster terror attack suspect named as Salih Khater
- Lyric McHenry dead: EJNYC star dies aged 26 at 20 weeks pregnant
- Erdogan says Turkey to 'boycott' U.S. electronic goods
- North Jersey Catholic Priest Named In Massive Child Sex Abuse Report
- Seattle's air quality 'worse than Beijing' as wildfires scorch eastern Washington
- Kochi airport suspends operations until August 18, red alert in multiple districts