She said she plans to appeal to voters with a progressive message that includes a livable wage, Medicare for all, free public college education and high-speed broadband access even to those who live on remote back roads.
She's one of a handful of transgender politicians running for office since President Donald Trump's election. Hallquist was not the only transgender candidate on the ballot in the United States in recent days.
"November 8, 2016, I realized the world changed", she said.
'Vermonters looked at, 'What's Christine and her team going to do for Vermont?'
"Christine's victory is a defining moment in the movement for trans equality and is especially remarkable given how few out trans elected officials there are at any level of government", Annise Parker, the chief executive of the L.G.B.T.Q. Victory Fund, which supports gay and transgender candidates, said in a statement.
The restrictions, which Scott signed into law in April, came after the arrest of a teenager on charges he was plotting a school shooting. Paige also ran for the GOP nomination for the U.S. House and won that contest Tuesday. His approval among Vermonters fell 18 points to 47 percent while his disapproval doubled to 42 percent. Charlie Baker of MA and Larry Hogan of Maryland - and place him three spots from the bottom 10.
WASHINGTON (AP) - A Wisconsin state senator and close ally to Gov. Scott Walker has defeated a former Marine who cast himself as a political outsider in the state's Republican primary for U.S. Senate. She ran as the proven conservative in the race, pointing to her long voting record in support of Republican priorities. 'I know there are some who are still upset with me who may not welcome tonight's result but there's so much more that unites us than sets us apart.
"I tell people this isn't the hardest thing I ever did". "I think that my message and my platform transcend age".
Her transition was documented in a film made by her son Derek Hallquist called "Denial".
- Paul Pogba's Answer When Asked If He's Happy At Man Utd
- Bud Light's puts free beer in Browns 'Victory Fridges’
- Tesla forms three-member panel to look at any Elon Musk deal
- Erdogan says Turkey to 'boycott' U.S. electronic goods
- President Trump Signs Defense Spending Bill
- 'Dozens Dead' As Motorway Bridge Collapses In Italy
- Turkey's president threatens boycott of iPhones, other USA electronics
- Tiger Woods in 'uncharted territory' after rising from rock bottom
- Eagles sign QB Christian Hackenberg
- Google just did the right thing with Fortnite on Google Play