"Ronaldo is strongest player in the world" Allegri on new Juventus signings.
Cristiano Ronaldo scored his first goal for Juventus today, albeit in the pre-season friendly, against a Juventus B team.
Ronaldo finished with his usual confidence and poise after latching onto a looping pass over the midfield from attacking midfelder Federico Bernardeschi. The Portuguese latched on to a ball over the top of the defense, controlled it with one touch before sending it past the goalkeeper. Ten minutes later, he pressured Riccardo Capellini into an own-goal to make it 2-0 to the Bianconero.
Juventus fans gathering to watch the five-time Ballon d'Or victor at Villar Perosa - in a rural area of Piedmont in northern Italy - held up banners.
Cristiano Ronaldo has now stated clearly that the reception he got for his brilliant goal against Juventus in April was a factor in deciding to move to Italy.
Ronaldo stunned Real Madrid fans last month when he joined Juventus for an Italian league record sum of €112 million (NZ$194m).
The 33-year-old proved too much for Juve's youth players, laying on winger Douglas Costa for a shot that crashed off the post and creating the first of Paulo Dybala's brace thanks to a shot that was well saved by young stopper Leonardo Loria.
"Having said that, I don't think Juve are the favourites to win the Champions League, as I'd give that to Barcelona".
Juventus fans are now Ronaldo fans.
The Portugal captain did not participate in any of the International Champions Cup games in the United States.
Even though the ex-Roma and AC Milan forward felt that Juventus are not the favorites to win the Champions League, one can clearly say that the Italian giants have improved their chances of becoming the European Champions after faltering at the final hurdle in 2017.
- 'Canada must wait,' tweets Trump, renewing auto tariff threat
- Will clouds obscure your view of the Perseid meteor shower?
- Transfer: Jerome Boateng calls Mourinho to reject Manchester United move
- Idris Elba Addresses Those James Bond Casting Rumors
- Meghan Markle's Dad Talks About The Lie He Told Prince Harry
- Sox fall despite Betts hitting 1st cycle of season
- Simona Halep wins second Rogers Cup title
- Kavanaugh shows stance on indicting president
- Aretha Franklin Is Reportedly In 'Gravely Ill' Condition
- Saudi official says Canada dispute won't affect oil sales