A summer-long chase for Colombia's World Cup star Yerry Mina concluded with a £28.5 million deal with Barcelona, the defender joining former teammate Lucas Digne who moved to Everton last week. However after the initial loan Southampton will have an obligation to buy the Englishman for £20 million.
Mina, who impressed for Colombia at this summer's World Cup, had been pursued hard by the Blues since his exploits in Russian Federation.
Colombian centre-back Mina will join in a deal worth €30.25 million with another €1.5 in potential add-ons, Barcelona said.
They would have to conclude an agreement with Manchester United and rush Rojo through a medical, with Everton retaining an option to submit a deal sheet to the Premier League to earn more time to complete the transfer.
Gomes and Mina could be registered in time to face Wolves in the Premier League opener this Saturday, but that game may come too soon for them as they look to bed in at Everton. This is a great opportunity for me and I am looking forward to competing here. But I was also convinced Everton could improve me and that I would be able to show my best as a player here'.
The Brazilian signed from Watford in a mega deal earlier this summer.
"I have spoken a lot to the coach and I know his passion for Everton and determination to be successful".
Gomes, meanwhile, had struggled to force his way into Barcelona's side on a regular basis last season.
He said: "I chose Everton because of all the things I had heard about Marco Silva and after speaking to him I was happy with what he said to me".
The 23-year-old only joined Barcelona from Palmeiras in the January transfer window.
- Tribune ends Sinclair merger bid and files suit over losses
- Blizzard Announces Multiple Diablo Projects
- Aston Villa want to sign Robert Snodgrass for another spell
- OpenAI Bots Crush the Best Human Dota 2 Players in the World
- Saudi Arabia to suspend Toronto flights as spat with Canada continues
- Indonesia hit by powerful aftershock days after 319 died in quake
- Russian Federation warns of 'horrible' conflict if Georgia joins North Atlantic Treaty Organisation
- US Space Force: America to 'establish space dominance' by 2020
- Red Dead Redemption 2's New Gameplay Trailer Busts Morgan Out of Jail
- Deadly Lombok quake rattles tourists in Bali