An Israeli strike on Tuesday killed two militants of the Gaza Strip's ruling Hamas movement after shots were fired at soldiers, Gazan and Israeli officials said. "An IDF tank targeted the post from which the shots were fired", the military said.
"The resistance can not allow the occupation to impose a policy of bombing sites and targeting fighters without paying the price", it said in a statement.
The deaths of two of its fighters could trigger an escalation between Hamas and Israel.
The incident came after Egyptian-brokered talk to achieve cease-fire between Israel and Hamas reached an impasse. One of the grainy black and white video clips shows two men in a watchtower, one appears to open fire as puffs of smoke burst in front of him.
According to the group, Israeli forces have killed more Palestinian children since January this year than in any previous year of the past decade, outside of large-scale Israeli military offensives.
Israel killed two Hamas fighters following shooting attacks on its soldiers, spurring threats of revenge from the terrorist group that runs the Gaza Strip.
Israel's security cabinet discussed the proposal on Sunday, but afterwards ministers said only that the Israeli military was "prepared for any scenario".
Two months after its construction began, earlier this week, Israel's Ministry of Defense released first footage of the sea barrier it is building along the country's border with Gaza.
"The IDF will take action against any offensive intent and every attempted attack on our forces", the army said, adding that it held Hamas responsible for all violence coming out of Gaza.
- India vs England 2nd Test Day 1 live updates
- Manchester United fail with Diego Godin approach
- Manafort defense asks Gates about additional extramarital affairs
- Aftershock rocks Lombok in Indonesia as death toll rises
- Everton Complete Triple Deal For Bernard, Mina, and Andre Gomes
- Everton seal Mina deal
- Tribune ends Sinclair merger bid and files suit over losses
- Sony hails 500 million PlayStation sales with limited edition PS4 Pro
- Blizzard Announces Multiple Diablo Projects
- Manchester United target Willian rules out Chelsea departure