"I don't think we've had a formal bid".
Spurs are in need of an extra English player to meet the regulations of the Champions League otherwise they would be forced to submit a lowered 20-man squad. The good thing they have been able to do is not let anybody go on the cheap. The summer transfer window closes at 5 PM next Thursday afternoon. "So if somebody wants to come and buy one of our players then they are going to have to find a premium and make sure that the owners are comfortable with that".
"There's not a discussion to be had at the moment because they've got nowhere near the figure that they demand". Villa were in a perilous financial state earlier this summer before Billionaire businessmen Wes Edens and Nassef Sawiris injected a "significant investment" into the club, in return for co-ownership with Dr Tony Xia.
Ex-Spurs ace Crouch insists that it could be a smart move for Grealish to make the step up to the top flight.
His ability to drag Villa up the pitch single-handedly was a hallmark of his stand-out performances for Villa last season and he was easily their best player during their play-off final defeat to Fulham at Wembley in May.
For now, the focus for Grealish will be Monday night's Championship encounter with Hull as Villa bid to start the new campaign with a win following a tumultuous summer off the pitch.
- Indonesia hit by powerful aftershock days after 319 died in quake
- Everton Complete Triple Deal For Bernard, Mina, and Andre Gomes
- Thibaut Courtois To Join Real Madrid After Chelsea Agrees Transfer
- Aftershock rocks Lombok in Indonesia as death toll rises
- Boris Johnson's 'totally disgraceful' burka remarks condemned by community
- Manchester United fail with Diego Godin approach
- India vs England 2nd Test Day 1 live updates
- Manafort defense asks Gates about additional extramarital affairs
- Dozens killed, including children on a bus, in Yemen air strikes
- Manchester United target Willian rules out Chelsea departure