Klopp admitted that it was likely that some players leave before the end of August, with the transfer window across much of Europe open until the end of the month.
Loris Karius was a figure of fun for the majority the summer having made two horrendous mistakes in the Champions League final, which gave the European Cup to Real Madrid for the third consecutive season. Rangers have to look up and think about closing the gap, and then see what happens the following year.
Klopp believes it has come about after years of selling more players than they bought and claims he now has a squad strong enough to compete for the Premier League.
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp: "We have to be in a championship mode". "But I'm happy we can start at the weekend because preseason is good but the season is better still".
Klopp was also quizzed on whether Jordan Henderson could be involved after coming on as a substitute for the latter stages of the second half again Torino.
But speaking ahead of Sunday's visit of West Ham, live on Sky Sports on Sunday lunchtime, Klopp says his and Liverpool's objective remains the same. You see how Fulham, Wolves and Everton act - and I'm not forgetting anybody - they are all ambitious.
"He was in really good shape so we thought a few minutes tonight would be possible".
"He's experienced enough not to bring himself in hard situations where he has to run two or three miles in two minutes. I have no clue in the moment what we will do at the weekend". We had three points from City and they had three points from us.
- Malaysia ex-PM Najib charged with money laundering
- Michael Moore Calls Trump the Last POTUS in ‘Fahrenheit 11/9’ Documentary
- Melania Trump's parents become U.S. citizens
- Deadly Lombok quake rattles tourists in Bali
- Mina, Gomes deals confirmed as Everton complete Barca raid
- Giants open preseason with sloppy 20-10 loss to Browns
- Christopher Robin: Winnie the Pooh film denied release in China
- Kim Kardashian launches fundraiser for Child Mind Institute charity
- José Mourinho does not expect any Manchester United deadline-day signings
- National Football League players resume protests during U.S. anthem