The doc, a sort of sequel to Moore's anti-W film Fahrenheit 9/11 is set to hit theaters September 21, a date chosen by Moore to spread the anti-Trump word before the mid-term elections. And even if it does contain some massive revelation, Moore himself said it right there: by now Trump has built his entire presidency on statements that would have gotten anyone else kicked out of Washington, so why would we ever believe that he'll get taken down by a documentary? He hopes this film will "end the madness" that people seem content to let continue.
Notably, in the trailer Moore is seen delivering a tankload of water from Flint, Michigan, to the home of Michigan Governor Rick Snyder.
Given how so much of Donald Trump's presidency is being played out on screens and online, it seems nearly pointless at this stage to have a documentary on him when the story hasn't even finished playing itself out yet.
Speaking with HuffPost, Moore described the motives behind his new film.
"American journalism schools have not trained students how to cover an authoritarian leader", Moore told the online media outlet.
Documentarian Michael Moore is back with a new film called Fahrenheit 11/9 and it doesn't look like it's going to be pulling any punches. "Our media has no idea what it is up against".
Besides heavily hinting at a dystopian reality here in the United States, just as Fahrenheit 9/11's title did, Moore's new doc switches the titular date to reference Trump's appointment as president. This puts us all in grave danger. The Bowling for Columbine director is also seen spraying "Flint water" into the front yard of Rick Snyder, the governor of MI.
Following Fahrenheit 11/9's TIFF world premiere, the film will debut in the United States on September 21st.
- Ben Schwartz to voice Sonic the Hedgehog in Paramount’s movie
- Dozens killed, including children on a bus, in Yemen air strikes
- Everton Complete Triple Deal For Bernard, Mina, and Andre Gomes
- Jose Mourinho 'not confident' of deadline day signings
- Manchester United target Willian rules out Chelsea departure
- Everton seal Mina deal
- Red Dead Redemption 2's New Gameplay Trailer Busts Morgan Out of Jail
- Aftershock rocks Lombok in Indonesia as death toll rises
- Video shows breaching great white shark startle researcher
- Russian Federation warns of 'horrible' conflict if Georgia joins North Atlantic Treaty Organisation