What are the squads of India vs England second Test match?
Officials later confirmed that 98 overs, rather than the standard 90, would be scheduled for the second day in a bid to make-up lost playing time. "England will be without Ben Stokes for the second Test but the inclusion of Chris Woakes and his all-round ability will balance the side", he wrote.
Stokes sent a message of good luck to England and debutant Pope on Instagram on Thursday morning. The former India star is the leading Test and ODI run-scorer of all time, and is widely regarded as one of the game's greatest-ever batsmen.
He had 134 runs from his previous 10 Test innings in England, but on this tour, he overhauled that mark with a 149-run knock in the first innings in Birmingham. "He's very mature for a young man", said Root. Sam Curran, 20, fired a run-a-ball half-century to help England to a competitive total before the Indian batsmen collapsed chasing a target of 194 runs.
Ishant Sharma has taken 4+ wickets in three of his last four Test innings in England; including his five-wicket haul at Edgbaston in England's second innings.
India have only managed to register two Test wins over England at Lord's (D4 L11); one of those came last time out (2014) whilst the first occasion (1986) saw Dilip Vengsarkar score his third Test century at the venue, a feat that is yet to be matched by an overseas batsman.
"It is not like I feel bad that I got runs and we couldn't get across the line", added Kohli, now the world's top-ranked batsman in both Test and one-day worldwide cricket.
Umpires were forced to make several inspections to check if the ground was in a condition to start quickly should the rain stop. But even if they don't, the general expectation is that the pitch would turn out to be quite dry. In that scenario, Umesh Yadav can be left out with Ishant Sharma, Mohammed Shami and Hardik Pandya handling the pace duties.
Despite that the team management could make a few changes, bringing in a second spinner to add more firepower, depending on the nature of the wicket at Lord's.
Get breaking news alerts.
- UK's May says Boris Johnson should apologize over burqa comments
- Perseids 2018: Where and how to watch the dazzling meteor shower
- TV's Live-Action Batwoman Is Ruby Rose
- Sony hails 500 million PlayStation sales with limited edition PS4 Pro
- Blizzard Announces Multiple Diablo Projects
- Thibaut Courtois To Join Real Madrid After Chelsea Agrees Transfer
- US Space Force: America to 'establish space dominance' by 2020
- Video shows breaching great white shark startle researcher
- Tribune ends Sinclair merger bid and files suit over losses
- Fortnite Beta for Android coming this week