"Of course it's hard to understand for people in football that Tottenham didn't sign or sell players, but sometimes in football you need to behave differently", he said.
Despite no new arrivals for the first season at their brand new stadium, Pochettino feels they can still go on to do great things this term.
The 30-year-old received a heroes welcome from Villa fans when the two clubs met in a pre-season friendly earlier this summer, in which West Ham came out 3-1 victors. "Building a new training ground, finishing this summer the (player's) lodge was a massive investment".
Spurs were the only Premier League club not to make a summer signing after their move for Jack Grealish collapsed but Pochettino said: "What the club is doing is showing it is so fearless". [So is] building a stadium that is almost £1 billion - that is true, don't believe £400 million. Then also with Europe having more time to do deals, it was all so quiet and relaxed.
The Argentine added: "We have a very good squad, we have very good players and it is not easy to add players that improve that".
"For me they are part of the team". If we have all the squad thinking as individuals rather than as a collective game, you can not achieve what you want and can not succeed.
Toby Alderweireld, Danny Rose and Mousa Dembele were all expected to leave this summer, and they still could if they are willing to move overseas.
"There's no reason to not trust in our squad and no reason not to believe in our club or believe in what we can do. That is the key this season".
- India vs England 2nd Test Day 1 live updates
- Indonesia hit by powerful aftershock days after 319 died in quake
- Everton Complete Triple Deal For Bernard, Mina, and Andre Gomes
- Melania Trump's parents become U.S. citizens
- Deadly Lombok quake rattles tourists in Bali
- Video shows breaching great white shark startle researcher
- Benintendi's walk-off seals Red Sox sweep
- Malaysia ex-PM Najib charged with money laundering
- Jose Mourinho 'not confident' of deadline day signings
- Peter Crouch tips Jack Grealish for England if he joins Tottenham