Juergen Klopp's side, bolstered by the likes of Brazil keeper Alisson from AS Roma, compatriot Fabinho and fellow midfielder Guinean Naby Keita, are the most likely to close the gap on City who won the title by 19 points last season.
Arsenal will be hoping to start the season on a positive note at home against champions Manchester City.
"Obviously, it remains to be seen how successful that is but that's an area he's focused on. His sessions are very intricate in that regard".
Arsenal forward Danny Welbeck could be making a late departure from the Emirates after reports today suggest he's been told that he's surplus to requirements under the new Gunners regime.
Welbeck's preferred playing position is through the middle, but Arsenal are well stocked with Alexandre Lacazette and Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang options for that spot.
But one of the biggest issues for Arsenal in recent years have been their defence. The Gunners have not won the Premier League title since 2004 and they ended up in sixth place and without a trophy last term.
No one needs to be reminded of how Guardiola's team blew everyone out of the title race previous year, and they are huge favorites going into this match.
In an exclusive interview with Sky Sports, Emery gave more than a glimpse into what that job-winning presentation in front of the Arsenal decision-makers would have comprised of.
"He's unbelievably passionate and the training sessions are extremely up tempo and full of instructions and hands on".
"I want the players and supporters to feel that together, and also enjoy each match, each moment in our stadium, and in this way the team transmits to the supporters the passion". "It's been great getting to know him".
- Indonesia hit by powerful aftershock days after 319 died in quake
- Dozens killed, including children on a bus, in Yemen air strikes
- Benintendi's walk-off seals Red Sox sweep
- India vs England 2nd Test Day 1 live updates
- OpenAI Bots Crush the Best Human Dota 2 Players in the World
- Russian Federation warns of 'horrible' conflict if Georgia joins North Atlantic Treaty Organisation
- West Brom surprise contenders for Carlos Sanchez
- Blizzard Announces Multiple Diablo Projects
- Video shows breaching great white shark startle researcher
- Malaysia ex-PM Najib charged with money laundering