"China's lawful rights should be protected".
The withdrawal of the United States from a landmark 2015 nuclear deal led to the first tranche of related sanctions being reimposed on Tuesday.
"If the Americans want to keep this simplistic and impossible idea in their minds they should also know its consequences".
'We still think that it is a mistake to give up on the nuclear accord with Iran, ' Maas said in an interview with the daily Passauer Neue Presse.
"The Americans have assembled a war room against Iran", Zarif said.
He said he considered the USA pullout from the nuclear deal and re-imposition of sanctions to be "incorrect".
At current market rates, the imports are worth about $15bn. Stopping US trade and killing 100K US jobs is fine with us, but the world won't follow impulsive tweeted diktats. Turkey buys an estimated 9.5bn cubic metres of gas from Iran.
President Rouhani shot back at Trump via Twitter Tuesday night, suggesting Iran would continue trading with the "EU, Russia, China & dozens of our other trading partners".
While cheered by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and other senior Israeli officials, the reimposition of U.S. sanctions was bemoaned by the nuclear deal's European signatories and the EU, which defended the accord and vowed to protect European firms from USA economic penalties.
Trump's National Security Adviser John Bolton told Fox News that the USA policy "is not regime change, but we definitely want to put maximum pressure on the government".
"Isolating Iran could boost radical and fundamentalist forces", he said, adding that "chaos in Iran, as we have experienced in Iraq or Libya, would further destabilize an already troubled region".
Meanwhile, Italian Foreign Minister Moavero Milanesi said that "agreements have to be respected".
In Tehran, Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif was quoted by an Iranian newspaper as saying that a USA plan to reduce Iran's oil exports to zero would not succeed. Zarif said that Oman and Switzerland have acted as mediators in talks with America in the past but that there are now no direct or indirect talks being held with the United States. "Our crews that are on board our ships are well rehearsed, well prepared by the U.S. Navy when they come into our area", Votel said.
- Carrie Underwood Pregnant: Confirms She’s Expecting 2nd Child With Mike Fisher - Congrats
- Scientists baffled by ‘rogue planet’ outside the solar system
- Trump going ahead with taxes on $16B in Chinese imports
- NASA announces crew for the first American spacecraft launches since 2011
- Subtropical Storm Debby forms in north Atlantic
- Protesters paralyze parts of Bangladesh after a speeding bus kills two students
- Russia: Saudi Arabia has right to reject Canada's interference
- State farm organisations welcome $190m Federal drought support package
- West Nile virus found in mosquitoes trapped in Mitchell, health unit says
- Fallout 76 Won't Be On Steam, New Beta Details Revealed