Rose gained stardom when she was cast in Season 3 of Netflix's "Orange is the New Black".
In an interview on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, she recalled her reaction: "I kept, like, spontaneously crying".
"Growing up watching TV, I never saw someone on TV that I could identify with, let alone a superhero", she explained, beginning to get emotional. Watch her appearance on Fallon below.
As previously reported, Rose will star in The CW's adaptation of the comic book for its connected superhero universe that already includes shows like "The Flash" and "Supergirl". "I've always had this saying - well, not me, Oscar Wilde - but same thing". I've lived by that motto and the second motto when I came into the industry was, be the person you needed when you were younger. "But yeah, I'm so thrilled". "They're going to be like, 'She doesn't look so good, '" she said.
Both Variety and Deadline report that Rose, now appearing in the giant-shark action movie The Meg, has been tapped to portray Kate Kane in both the upcoming Arrow/Flash/Supergirl crossover special and the potential Batwoman series being helmed by Caroline Dries that could air in 2019. Kate Kane's introduction in 2006's 52 remains the single-most important one DC have made this side of 2000, with the character having starred in some of the most fascinating, innovative, and compelling Batman stories of the last decade. The actress is to play Batwoman, the first lesbian superheroine in a new series scheduled for 2019.
"But don't call her a hero yet", the press release continues. In her Batwoman persona she patrols the streets of Gotham City, eager to fight crime and to confront her own demons.
- Aftershock rocks Lombok in Indonesia as death toll rises
- Britain 'Ready To Ask' Russia To Extradite Suspects In Skripal Poisonings
- Gator grad: Aggie takes graduation photos with 14-foot alligator
- Jose Mourinho 'not confident' of deadline day signings
- Playing two spinners at Lord's tempting, says Virat Kohli
- Manchester United target Willian rules out Chelsea departure
- Margot Kidder's daughter makes mental health appeal
- Sony hails 500 million PlayStation sales with limited edition PS4 Pro
- Fortnite Beta for Android coming this week
- Keeper Kepa completes big money move to Chelsea