The teams didn't disclose terms of Courtois' transfer, but multiple outlets report Real Madrid will pay Chelsea £35 million (€39 million/$45 million) for his services. Chelsea will now reportedly receive a cash fee and midfielder Mateo Kovacic on loan as part of a deal to send Courtois to Real.
Thibaut Courtois was presented as a Real Madrid player on Thursday lunchtime.
On social media, the World Cup Golden Glove victor has faced the wrath of furious Chelsea supporters. I will try to do my best for this club. But the club has been linked with a new goalkeeper in most recent transfer windows, and tried to sign David De Gea from Manchester United in 2015 only to miss the deadline.
Chelsea coach Maurizio Sarri praised Arrizabalaga on Tuesday.
Meanwhile, Courtois reiterated that family reasons were the driving force behind his move back to Spain , where his family live, and not money.
The 23-year-old has signed a seven-year deal at Stamford Bridge, where he will take over between the sticks from Belgium's Thibaut Courtois.
Kepa had been with Athletic since 2004, rising through the youth ranks.
As often happens, though, that only succeeded in raising his value rather than securing his long-term future, and Kepa is now the world's most expensive goalkeeper.
Upon completing his move to Chelsea, he said: 'It's a very important decision for me, for my career, and also for my personal life.
- 'Hamas' Seeks ‘Progressive’ Deal for Calm in Gaza
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima split
- Thomas steps out of the shadow of Spieth as PGA champion
- NYC Council approves cap on app-based ride-hail vehicles, citing congestion
- Gator grad: Aggie takes graduation photos with 14-foot alligator
- Manafort defence attorneys rip into star prosecution witness
- Perseids 2018: Where and how to watch the dazzling meteor shower
- Hiroshima mayor questions nuclear nations' nationalism, wants Japan to do more
- Margot Kidder's daughter makes mental health appeal
- Death toll jumps to 347 in 6.9 Indonesia natural disaster