Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull comforting charity worker Edwina Robertson in the town of Trangie, west of Dubbo, during his visit to drought stricken areas of regional NSW.
"The impacts of climate change will mean that (drought and rain) events could be more extreme but they could be more frequent", she said.
"It's vital that we help farmers and families that are dealing with the stress and pressures drought brings", Simson said in a statement on August 5.
Single farmers without families are also eligible to received up to $3,600.
"We would also like farmers to be aware that the Rural Financial Councillors services come at no cost to them", Mr Jackson said.
"Our poor guys, to get $6000, they have to list the size of their underpants", White says.
When Malcolm Turnbull had a private meeting with the six-member Great Barrier Reef Foundation, the government handed over a donation of nearly half a billion dollars without the body so much as asking for it and no tenders called.
"We look forward to sitting down and working with the government on more targeted drought measures". "I have been here all my life, and this drought is feeling like it will be around a while", says a despairing Whitney, whose property near the town of Gunnedah is on the Liverpool Plains, a usually fertile area now withered having received the lowest average rainfall in almost 30 years.
"These emergency cash payments will help those farmers who have had little or no income, while the changes to the asset cap will ensure more farmers are eligible for assistance".
The Australian Bureau of Meteorology has forecast still drier conditions and says there is no end in sight to the drought.
And look at the kinds of academic research we fund: $468,000 for the Australian National University to "investigate warfare in the ancient Tongan state through a study of earthwork fortifications" and $340,000 for the University of Wollongong to study how "socially engaged art" can "catalyse new dialogue between farmers, scientists, environmentalists and policy makers" on the Great Barrier Reef.
"The Eyre Peninsula has been severely affected, and livestock farmers in particular are having to make tough decisions, " Mr Whetstone said.
In June, Federal agriculture minister David Littleproud announced a review of the Farm Household Allowance, which provides help for farmers facing hardship during drought. Yet again, the Prime Minister has disappointed us.
- Unveiling of provincial buck a beer scheme expected today
- Sen. Rand Paul invites Russian lawmakers to Washington
- Oil rallies as Iran sanctions kick in
- Fallout 76 Won't Be On Steam, New Beta Details Revealed
- Tesla board confirms it will consider Musk's privatization plan
- Carrie Underwood Pregnant: Confirms She’s Expecting 2nd Child With Mike Fisher - Congrats
- NASA announces crew for the first American spacecraft launches since 2011
- Trump going ahead with taxes on $16B in Chinese imports
- Head of Syrian regime research centre killed
- Protesters paralyze parts of Bangladesh after a speeding bus kills two students