Trailing 0-1 in the series, the visitors will be hoping to draw level at the iconic Lord's Cricket Ground.
India will face England on Thursday at the iconic Lord's Cricket Ground.
England had dropped Virat Kohli thrice before he went on to score 149 in the first innings. All eyes will be on batsmen as the second Test begins at Lord's.
Other former India internationals to ring the bell at a Lord's Test are Sunil Gavaskar, The Nawab of Pataudi Jr, Dilip Vengsarkar, Rahul Dravid, Kapil Dev and Sourav Ganguly.
Kohli (200) nearly scored half of the team's total across two innings while the likes of Shikhar Dhawan, Murali Vijay, KL Rahul, and Ajinkya Rahane struggled against the swinging ball.
Given India's struggles with the bat at Edgbaston, there is also a fairly strong feeling that they might opt to bring in Cheteshwar Pujara to strengthen their lineup replacing Shikhar Dhawan or perhaps even Hardik Pandya - a suggestion given more credence by the long net session that Pujara has undergone both on Tuesday and Wednesday.
For England, 20-year-old Ollie Pope is set for debut but it will be interesting to see the combination India goes in with. He will replace David Malan.
With Ben Stokes unavailable for selection - the all-rounder, accused of affray, is now on trial at Bristol Crown Court - either Chris Woakes and Moeen Ali will step into the No 7 spot depending on the pitch and whether England want to play a second spinner alongside Adil Rashid.
"Ben Stokes is unavailable, but Chris Woakes, with some extra matches and practices under his belt, can now return to the England squad after injury".
Surrey's Ollie Pope will make his worldwide debut on Thursday after being named in England's XI for the second Test against India at Lord's, live on Sky Sports Cricket.
The live coverage of India's tour of England 2018 continues on Sony Network Pictures.
Kohli is now in England with the Indian team, which is busy with a five-Test assignment. The match can be seen live on the Sony Six network and live streaming will be available on SonyLIV.com. If anybody wants to watch the game with Hindi commentary, they will have to switch to Sony Ten 3 and Sony Ten 3 HD channels.
"This Test is the most important match in the series".
The bell-ringers for the subsequent days of the Test match will be announced via the Lord's website each day.
- Georgia into the Hall of Fame after Women’s British Open glory
- Premier League to analyse earlier transfer deadline - league boss Scudamore
- NYC Council approves cap on app-based ride-hail vehicles, citing congestion
- Britain 'Ready To Ask' Russia To Extradite Suspects In Skripal Poisonings
- Spider-Man: Far From Home - Samuel L. Jackson, Cobie Smulders Confirmed!
- USA is 'unreliable', Rouhani says in meeting with North Korean FM
- Thomas steps out of the shadow of Spieth as PGA champion
- China To Slap Additional Tariffs On $16 Billion Worth Of US Goods
- Xiaomi Mi A2 launched in India: Price, specifications, features and more
- Hundreds of tourists stranded on Indonesian mountain after deadly natural disaster