The duo become the second and third players to swap Camp Nou for Goodison Park this summer, following Lucas Digne to Merseyside.
The Red Devils are thought to be on the lookout for a number of new signings as the deadline for Premier League incoming transfers approaches.
Whether Marco Silva gets a deal over the line for the Portuguese midfielder, though, remains to be seen.
"We saw him yesterday arrive at Manchester Airport to complete the free transfer". My understanding, I've spoken to somebody in Spain this morning, is that one is very, very close to being done.
Speaking to evertontv, Bernard said that the chance to join a "great club with great tradition" was the key driving factor behind his decision to sign for the club, vowing to help "make things happen" alongside former Watford manager Silva.
It follows a window which saw them offer under the odds for Harry Maguire and Jerome Boateng, about whose fitness they had reservations, while they refused to meet the demands of Yerry Mina's agent and didn't even register an offer for Spurs' Alderweireld.
Mina, 23, only joined Barca six months ago from Palmeiras, but coach Ernesto Valverde has not been convinced by him and the club have chose to take advantage of his increased value following an impressive World Cup.
Everton fans were relatively pessimistic about the upcoming campaign before this week, but the potential capture of Gomes and a handful of other players on deadline day would certainly raise the spirits.
- Death toll jumps to 347 in 6.9 Indonesia natural disaster
- Aftershock rocks Lombok in Indonesia as death toll rises
- Gator grad: Aggie takes graduation photos with 14-foot alligator
- Mourinho Expects "No" Players To Sign For Manchester United Today
- Keeper Kepa completes big money move to Chelsea
- Thomas steps out of the shadow of Spieth as PGA champion
- Britain 'Ready To Ask' Russia To Extradite Suspects In Skripal Poisonings
- James Gunn Popular with Other Studios, Still Negotiating Exit from Disney
- Margot Kidder's daughter makes mental health appeal
- Playing two spinners at Lord's tempting, says Virat Kohli