'But don't call her a hero yet.
Kane, a cousin of Bruce Wayne, also targets Gotham city's criminal underbelly. It will be written by Caroline Dries (The Vampire Diaries), who is also executive producing alongside Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter, and Geoff Johns.
32-year-old Melbourne-born Rose will make her debut as Batwoman in December as part of a planned "crossover" event, in which the superheroes of multiple television programs will team up. According to Variety, the actress will play the titular hero in The CW's Batwoman, the latest addition to the network's growing pantheon of "Arrowverse" shows. First introduced in Detective Comics #233 and created by Edmond Hamilton and Sheldon Moldoff in 1956, Batwoman has gone through two different incarnations and they're both named Katherine.
The announcement comes after the network said it was searching for an openly lesbian actress to play Batwoman, whose real name is Kara Kane and who fights crime on the streets of Gotham.
Aside from The Flash, Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow, and Supergirl, there is a new show in the works.
DC Comics shares more about the Kate Kane/Batwoman character who Rose will be playing in the crossover, and most likely, in the highly anticipated Batwoman series.
If her introduction goes over well, Rose could next headline her own series as the Gotham vigilante. The show is only in the writing stages, but as long as Rose's backdoor pilot in the form of being on Arrow goes well we'll be getting one without a doubt. Should the show get picked up, it would bow during the 2019-2020 season. Based on the characters from DC.
Outside of Orange is the New Black, Rose has starred in xXx: Return of Xander Cage, John Wick Chapter 2 and can be seen in the upcoming movie, The Meg.
- Saudi Arabia's expulsion of Canada ambassador sends pointed message
- Imran Khan's party says it has enough support to form Pakistan government
- 'The Bachelorette' Finale: Who Did Becca Kufrin Choose?
- Largest wildfire in California history still growing
- Arsenal valued at £1.8bn as Kroenke offers to buy remaining shares
- Liverpool wrap up impressive preseason with win against Torino
- Rick Gates admits to committing crimes with Paul Manafort
- Musk says going private would free Tesla
- Trump star could be first ever removed from Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Salon staff beat customer with brooms after she refuses to pay