Intent goes a long way in a transfer window, particularly in its final days, where even the most absurd and unlikely of deals begin to have a semblance of being possible.
But United apparently have no desire to part with Pogba, who has just returned to training after winning the World Cup with France.
Pogba was linked with a switch to Barcelona after the World Cup, and the midfielder's agent Mino Raiola reportedly flew to England to present United with the La Liga side's offer.
Pogba is "disillusioned" with life in Manchester after a season of being at odds wiht his manager, Jose Mourinho.
The Manchester United midfielder became a world champion following a string of excellent performances in Russian Federation.
The playmaker is hot property after a World Cup winning campaign for France in Russian Federation.
The French star player has been having a hard relationship with Jose Mourinho and it is believed that Raiola is ready to use that as a reason for Pogba wanting to move out of Old Trafford.
With all the speculation around comings and goings, Ferdinand has decided now is the time to speak out about United's dealings before Thursday's deadline, offering Woodward some valuable advice. "You have to speak to Manchester United".
The Mail reports that Pogba has sent United executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward a message to inform him of his decision. Let us know in the comments...
That would clear the way for Maguire to depart in a £65m move to Old Trafford.
- Saudi Arabia's expulsion of Canada ambassador sends pointed message
- MoviePass will now allow just 3 movies a month
- Largest wildfire in California history still growing
- Fetus discovered by crew on plane at LaGuardia Airport, sources say
- Billionaire launches bid to completely takeover Arsenal
- Rick Gates admits to committing crimes with Paul Manafort
- Arsenal valued at £1.8bn as Kroenke offers to buy remaining shares
- Brad Pitt Has 'Paid Millions' to Angelina Jolie for Child Support
- Woman helps man short on cash, finds out he’s Keith Urban
- Elon Musk indicates taking Tesla private as he posts 'funding secured' tweet