With Joe Gomez, Joel Matip and Ragnar Klavan all carrying injuries Virgil van Dijk cruised through the first half alongside under 23 defender Nathaniel Philips. It is nothing serious but it was not possible tonight as he played on Saturday, ' said Klopp.
'For Raggy (Klavan) and Joel it is probably not good enough as they are not fit for the weekend but we don't need 12 centre halves'.
Torino provided tougher opposition than Napoli and Manchester United in Liverpool's two previous outings but the range of options available to Klopp was again in evidence as Roberto Firmino, Georginio Wijnaldum and Daniel Sturridge all found a way past Salvatore Sirigu in the Italians' goal.
New goalkeeper Alisson started for Liverpool, before Loris Karius was given a rousing reception when he replaced the Brazilian in the second half, just over two months after suffering concussion and making two awful errors in the Champions League final defeat by Real Madrid.
Klopp swapped seven of his starting lineup at half time and the intensity of Liverpool's second-half performance inevitably suffered.
"I was not surprised, to be honest, but as a human being I was hoping for it, that it would be like this".
'I am not sure but it is Hendo. "It is not about judging our situation and thinking 'Wow, really good.' We need to be ready each week - not only for a few games".
"Today he looked at home, he looked comfortable and when he was called upon he made the saves he had to make, so long may that continue and that will give him more confidence than he has already got and hopefully that will stand us in good stead for the season ahead".
- Trump star could be first ever removed from Hollywood Walk of Fame
- German couple convicted over rape, online sale of young son
- Musk says going private would free Tesla
- The `kalaignar` of Tamil politics
- Democrat O’Connor has lead in early OH returns
- Israel Seizes Swedish Activist Ship Bound for Gaza Strip
- Elon Musk indicates taking Tesla private as he posts 'funding secured' tweet
- Largest wildfire in California history still growing
- Woman helps man short on cash, finds out he’s Keith Urban
- 'The Bachelorette' Finale: Who Did Becca Kufrin Choose?