One month before production had been scheduled to start on Cowboy Ninja Viking, Universal has pulled the comic book adaptation from its release calendar and delayed filming, a spokesperson for the studio confirmed to EW. Pratt's character would have the skills of a cowboy, a ninja and a viking whilst others included Amish, Demo Expert, and Army Captain. The film is a feature adaptation of the Image Comics graphic novel of the same name from AJ Lieberman and illustrator Riley Rossmo, reported Deadline.
Even with this setback, Cowboy Ninja Viking reportedly remains in active development at Universal, with the goal of making the film into a franchise. The film will be directed by Michelle Maclaren, who has also helmed a few episodes of hit HBO series, Game of Thrones. Should the project get off the ground in the future, Chopra would likely be the first choice for the role, though her involvement would all depend on her schedule aligning with a new production schedule.
While Priyanka Chopra walked out of Salman Khan's "Bharat", there have been multiple reports of PeeCee reportedly being a part of a Hollywood project.
Paul Wernick and Rhett Reese, the two guys behind the Deadpool movie scripts and Zombieland, wrote the screenplay for Cowboy Ninja Viking, with newer drafts turned in by Hangover 2 and Identity Theft writer Craig Mazin. The next Guardians sequel was all set to shoot in early 2019, but Marvel has yet to make a formal announcement about the movie and how it will move forward since Gunn got the axe. MacLaren and Pratt will still remain attached to the project, with Chopra staying on if the scheduling ultimately works out.
- Pogba Has Already 'Agreed Terms' On £380000 Deal With Barcelona
- Democrat O’Connor has lead in early OH returns
- MoviePass will now allow just 3 movies a month
- Woman helps man short on cash, finds out he’s Keith Urban
- IGP Exonerates Police From NASS Invasion
- Fetus discovered by crew on plane at LaGuardia Airport, sources say
- Ruby Rose is The CW’s Batwoman!
- China fires salvo in trade war with United States
- Brad Pitt Has 'Paid Millions' to Angelina Jolie for Child Support
- Saudi Arabia's expulsion of Canada ambassador sends pointed message