Here's what you need to know.
"Given the informal arrangements around the payment of the children's expenses have not been regularly sustained by [Pitt] for over a year and a half, [Jolie] intends to file an RFO [a request for a court order] for the establishment of a retroactive child support order", the filing read.
CNN has reached out to both Pitt and Jolie's representatives for comment.
According to TMZ, the documents state that Pitt has not paid "meaningful child support" since they first separated nearly two years ago.
Since then, the two have been engaged in an ongoing custody battle for their six children - Maddox, 16, Pax, 14, Zahara, 13, Shiloh, 12, and 10-year-old twins Vivienne and Knox ― as their seemingly never-ending and often combative divorce proceedings continue. As part of the agreement, Jolie was required to provide Pitt with each of the children's cell phone numbers so that he could call them directly.
Jolie was granted physical custody of all six children in a December 2016 custody agreement, but last month, she was ordered by a judge to help fix the children's relationship with their father. In the child custody hearing in June, the judge did not directly address Pitt's worth in relation to the child support he is allegedly supposed to pay 'informally'.
Jolie wants the judge in charge of their case to issue formal child support orders retroactively against him.
However, it's unclear whether Pitt's designated time with the children will be affected by the latest filing by Jolie's attorneys, amidst their allegations that Pitt has not lived up to his "informal agreements" for child support.
But now, TMZ is reporting via an insider that Brad has actually given her 'way, way more than the amount he's agreed to pay ... we are told the total is in the millions of dollars'.
But a source claims to ET that Jolie's latest move is in retaliation over the actress being ordered by a judge in June to help fix her children's relationship with Pitt.
- Ruby Rose is The CW’s Batwoman!
- IGP Exonerates Police From NASS Invasion
- 'The Bachelorette' Finale: Who Did Becca Kufrin Choose?
- Rick Gates admits to committing crimes with Paul Manafort
- Fetus discovered by crew on plane at LaGuardia Airport, sources say
- MoviePass will now allow just 3 movies a month
- Saudi Arabia's expulsion of Canada ambassador sends pointed message
- Salon staff beat customer with brooms after she refuses to pay
- Arsenal valued at £1.8bn as Kroenke offers to buy remaining shares
- SpaceX launches Indonesian satellite and kicks off new round for rocket reusability