The Late Show host brought back his spoof character based on Jones to mark the conspiracy theorist losing the "war on info".
Facebook said Jones violated its hate speech policies, adding that the pages were taken down for "glorifying violence, which violates our graphic violence policy, and using dehumanizing language to describe people who are transgender, Muslims and immigrants, which violates our hate speech policies".
While the social network has already been the recipient of criticism for choosing not to suspend Jones, Dorsey's last tweet in particular drew additional ire.
Horne, who now works for the Brookings Institution, said the company's error lay in attempting to separate online behavior from offline activity, arguing that Jones's digital communications "encourage followers to harass/harm people offline". "And we'll continue to promote a healthy conversational environment by ensuring tweets aren't artificially amplified". "That is what serves the public conversation best".
Controversial pundit Alex Jones has issued his video rebuttal to the social media outlets that have removed his access from their services. "Podcasts that violate these guidelines are removed from our directory making them no longer searchable or available for download or streaming". His claims include that the 9/11 terror attacks were actually carried out by the government and that the 2012 Sandy Hook mass school shooting, which left 20 children and six adults dead, was a hoax.
Several ultra-conservative websites showed support for Jones, publicly backing his claim that he was a victim of a plot by Big Tech companies.
Jones has spent his entire career exploiting the most unhinged theories in media, first starting as a radio host in Texas during the 1990s where his libertarianism flourished during the Bill Clinton presidency. The Alex Jones Channel on YouTube had more than 2.5 million subscribers. It's not yet clear that Facebook has permanently banned InfoWars.
- IGP Exonerates Police From NASS Invasion
- Brad Pitt Has 'Paid Millions' to Angelina Jolie for Child Support
- Fetus discovered by crew on plane at LaGuardia Airport, sources say
- Elon Musk indicates taking Tesla private as he posts 'funding secured' tweet
- Largest wildfire in California history still growing
- Democrat O’Connor has lead in early OH returns
- Arsenal valued at £1.8bn as Kroenke offers to buy remaining shares
- Lombok quake leaves 156,000 homeless as death toll hits 131
- Johnny Depp's Biggie Smalls Movie 'City of Lies' Pulled From Release Calendar
- Trump going ahead with taxes on $16B in Chinese imports