"It looked like he was using a card and it didn't go through and then he asked a young lady for $5 and I thought this is it so I said, 'No I'll get it, '" Reed told KYW.
The singer was in New Jersey for his concert in Camden on Friday night. Apparently, the woman in question, Ruth Reed, makes it a common practice to "treat someone" at her local WaWa convenience store.
But as she was paying she thought to herself that the guy looked familiar. That's when she told him he looked like Keith Urban. I said that he did look like Keith Urban.
The country star played Camden's BB&T Pavilion on Friday night, which he said he nearly called "the PB&J Center" in a video following the performance.
But Reed was suspicious and said she got a little "snippy" with him.
She asked where his wife Nicole Kidman was and he introduced the woman he was with as his sister.
The two then took a photo together.
"I didn't know it was Keith Urban".
"It was then I realized what an idiot I was", she said.
Luckily, Urban's bodyguard confirmed to Reed that the man she helped was, indeed, the Australian star.
In line at Wawa, her good deed paid off and she came face-to-face with one of the biggest stars in country music.
Reed, who is very shy, has been getting a lot of attention over her interaction with Urban.
- Sharjah Baby-Friendly Office marks Breastfeeding Week
- IGP Exonerates Police From NASS Invasion
- Arsenal valued at £1.8bn as Kroenke offers to buy remaining shares
- SpaceX launches Indonesian satellite and kicks off new round for rocket reusability
- Mendocino Complex: Another day of successes, setbacks
- Trump in warning over trading with Iran
- ‘Mighty Ducks’ star arrested for public intoxication
- Malaysia: Indonesia returns yacht at centre of graft probe
- Rick Gates admits to committing crimes with Paul Manafort
- YouTube bans Infowars' Alex Jones following bans from Apple and Facebook