Under DACA, roughly 700,000 young adults, often referred to as "Dreamers", were protected from deportation and given work permits for two-year periods, after which they must re-apply to the program.
The order is not set to kick in right away, according to Politico, which notes that the government has until August 23 to file a motion to appeal the judge's ruling.
Two other federal courts in California and NY had previously ordered that DACA remain in place while litigation challenging Mr Trump's decision to end it continued.
The decision to end DACA has faced multiple legal hurdles. Friday's ruling upheld that decision.
The plan to rescind the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, known as DACA and instituted by President Barack Obama, has also been put on hold by courts in California and NY.
A USA federal judge on Friday ruled that the Trump administration must reinstate a program preventing the deportation of those brought to the country illegally as children.
Bates' ruling was applauded by The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), a plaintiff in the case, which called it a "huge victory". Those rulings only required the government to process DACA renewals, not new applications. Shutting down the government for illegal aliens is not a winning message.
The government now has 20 days to appeal.
But in April, the court ruled that DHS's legal judgment on DACA was subject to a court review and was "aribitrary and capricious because (a) DHS's legal judgment was inadequately explained. and (b) the other reasons offered for DACA's rescission - mainly, the purported "litigation risk" that DACA would preliminarily enjoined by the district court in Texas - were insufficiently reasoned".
"This represents a powerful victory against attempts to dehumanize immigrants who are law-abiding and productive residents of the United States and who were long ago brought to this country as children through no fault of their own", NAACP President and CEO Derrick Johnson said.
- Citi Open: Murray Breaks Down After Reaching Quarters
- A 9-Year-Old Boy's Lemonade Stand Was Robbed at Gunpoint
- MoviePass drops price but limits subscribers to three movies a month
- Rick Gates Set to Testify Against Ex-Boss Paul Manafort
- Klopp reveals concern about Liverpool defence ahead of league’s opening match
- Virus Takes TSMC Chip Fabs Offline
- 44 people shot within 14 hrs in Chicago
- That Kourtney Kardashian Photoshop FAIL Wasn’t Actually A Photoshop Fail
- Fortnite Season 5 Week 4 Challenges Leaked
- Browns Trade 2016 First Rounder Corey Coleman To Bills For Draft Pick