Influential talisman and ex-Chelsea player, Kevin de Bruyne, will not figure in midfield so soon after his return from the World Cup and the inexperienced Lukas Nmecha may well be given at least some time up front.
Aguero was not to be denied eight minutes later, though, as he darted behind David Luiz and placed Bernardo Silva's neat pass beyond Caballero to put the result beyond doubt.
Upfront, Alvaro Morata will be aiming to exorcise the demons of the 2017-18 season, looking to kickstart the new campaign on a positive note.
But a standing ovation at Wembley, along with his manager's comments, suggest he could have much more of a role to play in 2018-19. Brahim Diaz then had a shot saved before Gabriel Jesus was met by some more good goalkeeping, you have to feel that if it wasn't for the Blues stopper, the score could've been double figures. "We're not talking about having to win the Premier League title".
In the United Kingdom, the FA Community Shield game will live stream via BT Sport.
Does Maurizio Sarri have the players he needs?
Chelsea have signed just one player this summer who is likely to be directly involved in the first-team - that's Jorginho.
Although Conte won the FA Cup at Wembley in May, he paid the price for Chelsea's slump from league winners to fifth place, leaving the 2012 Champions League winners out of Europe's elite competition this year.
"Of course, the beginning is always a little more hard to adapt to a new style of play, which changes everything, but we have everything we need to improve, to continue working and start the season well". Maurizio Sarri and Pep Guardiola also projected a lot of admiration towards each other over the years, and this is a match that should razzle and dazzle, setting the tone for the season to come. The striker was fit for the World Cup, but Argentina was eliminated in the round of 16, ensuring he left Russian Federation two weeks before the tournament ended.
A squad of largely fringe and youth players made the trip to the States, where City lost 1-0 and 2-1 to Dortmund and Liverpool before coming from 2-0 down to beat Bayern.
- Pres. Trump Hosts MAGA Rally In Ohio
- Facebook's Tinder-like dating service leaks out, see it here
- China threatens new tariffs on 60 billion dollar worth of USA goods
- Bredesen, Blackburn win primaries in race for US Senate
- Meghan Markle Celebrates Her Birthday In A Club Monaco Dress
- South Sudan's rival leaders sign power-sharing agreement
- Iran: President Rouhani To Appear Before Parliament To Defend Economic Agenda
- UN Yemen envoy to invite warring parties to Geneva on Sept
- Trump appears to change his story about meeting
- 11 kids removed from New Mexico compound