An enormous explosion in Bologna, Italy, has caused part of the highway to collapse, leaving a massive crater where once there was road, a video from the epicenter of the blast reveals.
At least two people was killed and more than 60 were injured, according to local media.
Police say there has been an accident on the motorway close to the airport.
Photos on social media showed a huge ball of fire and black smoke billowing into the sky at the scene of the crash.
A lorry carrying cars reportedly collided with a tanker containing flammable materials.
Firefighters have since put out the blaze, a spokesman said, adding that efforts were under way to ascertain the cause of the explosion and the precise number of victims.
Italian media reported that numerous injured were hit by debris and shattered glass after the explosion.
Google Maps/HuffPost UK The explosion took place in the northern Italian city of Bologna on Monday.
- Fiat-Chrysler red-flags Mahindra Roxor in the American market
- Plane crashes in California parking lot, killing all five passengers
- 'Facts of Life' star Charlotte Rae reportedly dead at 92
- Everton still in contact over deal to sign Barcelona's Yerry Mina
- Chelsea duo set for talks with Sarri
- Iran: President Rouhani To Appear Before Parliament To Defend Economic Agenda
- South Sudan's rival leaders sign power-sharing agreement
- Indra Nooyi to step down as CEO and Chairman of PepsiCo
- Thomas warms up for US PGA with win at WGC-Bridgestone
- China threatens new tariffs on 60 billion dollar worth of USA goods