That's right, mom and dad are now paying for their kids to win video games (and not to learn math or history). According to the Wall Street Journal's report, many parents are paying the coaching fee for their kids to learn Fortnite tactics.
For example, Ally Hicks pays $50 for a four-hour session to train her son to play the game.
The news about these so-called Fortnite coaches was revealed recently by the Wall Street Journal, courtesy of Bleacher Report. They hire coaches from all types of sports disciplines such as soccer, tennis, track, piano, basketball, etc in a bid to make their kid better than the other neighborhood kids or to help them become professionals.
Fortnite has made over $1 billion and it looks like parents are trying to get in on the action and money. But if your kid sucks at the game and dies early on in the game, then his friends aren't going to want to play with him anymore and they'll stop inviting him to their group. In another case, Nick Mennen, a software developer from Cedar Park, Texas, told WSJ that his 12-year-old son, Noble, struggled to win on the highly competitive Fortnite landscape. When you think of hiring a tutor, the first thing that probably comes to mind is going to school school and getting an education. "My dad would have never paid for me to take video game lessons", he said.
Find coach Fortnite: Battle Royale can be found on specialized sites like Game Sensei.
Unfortunately, this whole tutoring thing means it's going to be even harder for me to get Victory Royales going forward!
- Trump Vents Rage at Koch Brothers Again
- Iran, ASEAN ink friendship, cooperation treaty
- Thibaut Courtois tells Chelsea to sell him this summer
- Liverpool v Napoli preview: Reds sign off pre-season in Dublin
- Soldier rescued after surviving week on freezing mountain
- Trump administration finalizes expansion of short-term health plans
- Khabib vs McGregor set for October 6
- Russian helicopter crash in Siberia kills 18
- Judge speaks out after ordering man's mouth taped shut during sentencing
- Trump insults National Basketball Association star Lebron James