Repeating the pattern of past weeks, crude prices on Friday ended the week down by 0.4 percent for West Texas Intermediate and 1.5 percent for Brent, this time in reaction to China state oil major Sinopec cutting its purchases of USA product due to the trade spat between both countries.
But all Iranians are concerned about the struggling economy, especially since the United States walked out of the nuclear deal in May and announced it would reimpose full sanctions in two stages.
More than half-a-dozen current and former officials told the Reuters news agency that the campaign is meant to work in concert with US President Donald Trump's push to economically throttle Iran by re-imposing tough sanctions.
Recall that President Hassan Rouhani of Iran had earlier warned the United States against any attempt to stop Tehran's oil trade.
"The Americans say they want to reduce Iranian oil exports to zero".
Iran's Revolutionary Guards confirmed on Sunday it had held war games in the Gulf over the past several days, saying they were aimed at "confronting possible threats" by enemies, the state news state news agency IRNA reported.
India's imports from Iran could start to slow from August as some big Indian refiners worry that their access to the USA financial system could be cut off if they continue to import Iranian oil, prompting them to reduce oil purchases from Tehran.
Sanctions will also be reapplied to USA imports of Iranian carpets and foodstuffs and on certain related financial transactions. -Chinese trade relations. The Trump administration this week said it would increase tariffs on China from 10 percent to 25 percent, prompting Beijing to say it wouldn't be persuaded by economic blackmail.
In January-July, India's oil imports from Iran rose by more than 17 percent to about 612,000 bpd, the data showed.
When pressed by CNBC to answer the questions she was raising, Croft replied, "I think this market will tighten at the end of this year", and added that Venezuelan production continues to fall and will be a contributing factor.
Russian oil output rose by 150,000 barrels per day (bpd) in July from a month earlier to 11.21 million bpd, energy ministry data showed on Thursday.
Remaining sanctions ncluding on Iran's oil and gas sector and central bank will resume on November 5.
- Google Mum on Chinese Search Engine Reports
- Trump Insults Lebron James' Intelligence After NBA Star Calls Him Divisive
- MGM Resorts signs sports betting agreement with National Basketball Association
- You Could Own Prince Harry’s Low-Mileage Audi RS6 For $94,000
- Tiger Woods returns to Akron for final Bridgestone Invitational tournament
- Trump administration finalizes expansion of short-term health plans
- Judge speaks out after ordering man's mouth taped shut during sentencing
- Trump Vents Rage at Koch Brothers Again
- Venezuela's President Maduro Survives Military Parade Attack
- Fire Whirl in Carr Fire Reached 143 miles per hour