Maurizio Sarri has hinted that Thibaut Courtois could leave Chelsea before the transfer deadline on Thursday if he is not motivated enough to play for the club. He even agreed to join Manchester City, only for Chelsea to steal Jorginho in the 11th hour.
Luiz returned for a second spell at Chelsea from PSG in the summer of 2016, and went on to prove many of his critics wrong with a string of hugely impressive displays at the back.
Some supporters have criticised the 26-year-old as they feel that his desire to move to the Bernabeu is being financially driven, but Henrotay has dismissed those claims out of hand.
Sarri refused to be drawn into commenting on what has been said by Courtois' agent in the past week and insisted that he would have to talk to his goalkeeper himself before a decision is made.
The 31-year-old, a World Cup and European Championships victor with Spain, joined Chelsea in 2015 and has since made 131 appearances across all competitions, winning the league title in 2017 and the FA Cup last term.
"I spoke yesterday with him about his lateness".
He said: "We are not at the top level now".
"I have to win and then it depends on the club but I want to stay here for a long time."It was a very positive conversation so I'm very happy about it.
"I don't know him", Mourinho told beIN Sports, according to Football Italia. Speaking to The Mirror he said,"We are lucky, we've made a very good signing, because he's a fantastic player, a fantastic guy and because Manchester City wanted him!"
- Ernesto Valverde to decide Yerry Mina Barcelona future Jordi Mestre
- Congo declares new Ebola outbreak with four confirmed cases in eastern province
- Action movie star Steven Seagal named Russia's humanitarian envoy with US
- Man United players should consider curtailing holidays: Mourinho
- Tiger Woods returns to Akron for final Bridgestone Invitational tournament
- UFC 227: Dillashaw retains Bantamweight belt; Cejudo earns revenge vs. Johnson
- Parents are paying tutors to stop their kids getting owned at Fortnite
- AMBER Alert canceled after 12-year-old abducted from airport found safe
- Trump Vents Rage at Koch Brothers Again
- Vintage plane's crash in Switzerland killed all 20 on board, police say