The President may have caught a rerun of Lemon's Monday interview with James, tied to James' opening of a new school in his OH hometown.
Donald Trump targeted LeBron James in his latest tweet.
James addressed several topics during the interview including a reference to NFL player Colin Kaepernick, whose kneeling protests during the national anthem to protest police treatment of African Americans, launched an NFL movement.
"I can't sit back and say nothing", James said in his CNN interview.
"I believe the president is kind of trying to divide us", James said.
Asked by Lemon about the prospect of entering politics after his playing days, James at first dodged the subject like so many defenders throughout his career.
While James has not commented on Trump's tweet, Lemon defended the former Miami Heat and Cleveland Cavalier star on Saturday, while taking a jab at the president.
CNN's Lemon and Don Rather have since responded to the inflammatory remarks by Trump, Rather calling the president a disgrace and Lemon questioning who the "real dummy" is.
James had just opened a school for underprivileged children in Ohio.
He suggested that since James no longer resides or represents a swing state in OH and has moved to the state of California which is essentially a lost cause, Trump can say what he feels. Troy Balderson, who is running in Tuesday's special election for an open congressional seat against Democrat Danny O'Connor.
Others, including OH governor John Kasich have responded.
Following his eighth straight appearance in the NBA Finals, James said he was still in "championship mode" as he headed into free agency.
This is not the first time James has been thrust into the political limelight for speaking out against Trump. "But I think the president in charge now has given people - they don't care now, they throw it to your face", he said.
- Montreal Alouettes announce Johnny Manziel will make CFL debut against Hamilton
- Urban Meyer says he failed on media day dealing with Zach Smith
- Thibaut Courtois tells Chelsea to sell him this summer
- LeBron's School Changes the Conversation Surrounding His Legacy
- White House tells China to fix trade practices
- NASA Announces Crew For First Commercial Space Flights
- MGM Resorts signs sports betting agreement with National Basketball Association
- Trump Vents Rage at Koch Brothers Again
- Trump administration finalizes expansion of short-term health plans
- Man City, Chelsea lock horns in Community Shield