The LeBron James Family Foundation and Akron Public Schools will run the school in a joint venture for eight, nine and 10-year-olds.
Asked by Lemon about the United States president's attacks on black athletes such as football player Colin Kaepernick, James said the president was "using sports to kinda divide us".
It may be the ungodly hours, but Twitter lit up shortly after the POTUS hit the Tweet button to attack both Lemon and James. "For an 18 year old kid to come to the National Basketball Association and to be great as a player, but never even come close to getting in trouble in this 24/7 news cycle, I think it's one of the most incredible things ever".
Mr. Trump has never before criticized James directly. He followed that up to say he would sit across from Barack Obama.
It looks like cry baby Donald Trump is back in his feelings again. "Statues has nothing to do with us now!"
James said Trump is creating a wedge by using situations like National Football League player Colin Kaepernick kneeling during the anthem and "uninviting" NBA star Steph Curry to the White House.
The basketball player appeared at a rally for Hillary Clinton during the 2016 presidential campaign in his home state of OH, a critical swing state during the election that Trump ended up carrying.
Trump hasn't always had a negative opinion of James.
The 33-year-old, who recently moved from the Cleveland Cavaliers to the Los Angeles Lakers on a four-year contract worth $154m (£116m), hopes the school will help kids who are falling behind in education and struggling at home. James' Springhill Entertainment group has taken on greater influence and importance in recent years, and that surely played a role. And I've said this before, what he's accomplished in the National Basketball Association is probably the greatest-not just the National Basketball Association.
- Mosquitos test positive for West Nile Virus in Simcoe
- Modric can only leave Real Madrid for €750 million release clause
- White House tells China to fix trade practices
- Samsung remains at the top in Q2 global smartphone rankings
- Samsung Accidentally Publishes Galaxy Note 9 Promo Video
- Suspected Daesh militants take hostages in Afghanistan's Jalalabad
- Tim Allen's character on 'Last Man Standing' won't be talking about Trump
- NASA Announces Crew For First Commercial Space Flights
- Donald Trump's tweet on Muller probe 'opinion not order': White House
- Rick Genest, Canadian Model Known As Zombie Boy, Dies At 32