The Chilean midfielder will sign a three-year deal at the Camp Nou, with final confirmation of the move expected in the coming days.
Vidal has won four Serie A titles, three Bundesligas, a DFB Pokal, a Coppa Italia, two Italian Super Cups and two Copa Americas so far during the career and he will be hoping that he can end his wait for a Champions League winner's medal during his time with Barcelona.
The Guardian claims Vidal met Barcelona officials last week and has already passed his medical after being granted permission to leave by the new Bayern manager Niko Kovac.
Vidal isn't your archetypal Barca midfielder, with the Spanish side notorious for quick passing and technical ability in the centre of the park, but the dynamic midfielder is notorious for his tenacity, forward-thinking approach and goal-scoring talents too, so would seem like an ideal replacement for Paulinho.
"Thanks to FC Bayern and all the fans", Vidal said.
"I really enjoyed the time in Munich". I would like to thank the club for giving me the chance to take on a new challenge in Barcelona'.
No transfer fee was given but Spanish media reports said Barca will pay €18 million ($21 million), rising to €21 million, for the former Bayer Leverkusen and Juventus player.
The 31-year-old is Barca's fourth major recruit of the close season following Brazilian midfielder Arthur's arrival from Gremio, the capture of Bordeaux winger Malcom at Roma's expense and defender Clement Lenglet's switch from LaLiga counterparts Sevilla.
- Authorities Monitor Dam as Flooding Hits Lynchburg Area
- Iran, ASEAN ink friendship, cooperation treaty
- Urban Meyer says he failed on media day dealing with Zach Smith
- Google Mum on Chinese Search Engine Reports
- LeBron's School Changes the Conversation Surrounding His Legacy
- Molson Coors to make cannabis-based drinks in Canada
- Man Taunts Bison in Yellowstone National Park
- NASA Announces Crew For First Commercial Space Flights
- Aussie supermarket chain Coles to provide free 'reusable' plastic bags indefinitely
- Modric can only leave Real Madrid for €750 million release clause