Warner Bros. TV declined to comment. According to TVLine, Warner Bros.is in the early stages of rebooting the hit sitcom, and is presently looking for a writer to "spearhead the update". They decide to let him stick around and name him ALF, which stands for Alien Life Form. The classic 80s sitcom is the latest TV series to possibly be making its way back to the airwaves as networks are exploring any and all options to try and get a leg up on the competition. ALF aired for four seasons on NBC from 1986-1990 and was featured on a wide variety of "ALF"-themed merchandise from plush dolls to backpacks, as well as becoming wildly popular in Germany". It's also not known just how Paul Fusco, who served as the puppeteer and voice behind ALF, will be involved, but it's hard to imagine ALF without him.
The series starred Max Wright as Willie Tanner, Anne Schedeen as Kate Tanner and Andrea Elson and Benji Gregory as their children, Lynn and Brian.
It's rumored that the new story could follow Alf as he emerges from Area-51, where he has been held captive since the end of the previous series, and highlight how the world has changed over the last three decades. The character has remained a staple of pop culture over the years and has been referenced and even made appearances in ads, shows, comics and films over the years.
No writer is reportedly attached to the project and it is unclear what role, if any, Fusco would play in the project if it goes forward.
- Unai Emery ignoring Aaron Ramsey rumours amid Barcelona and Chelsea links
- Chelsea offer new £290000-a-week contract to N'Golo Kante
- Reddit suffers data breach
- Conte is the most useful for each trump in Europe
- Trump touts his popularity with Republicans at Florida rally
- Korea Remains Could Be Army Troops Who Fell at 'Frozen Chosin'
- Thousands of firefighters struggle to contain giant blazes in California
- India vs England: India dismisses England for 287 in first innings
- Max Meyer set to earn £170k-a-week at Crystal Palace
- Trump Says Construction of Wall on US Border with Mexico already Started