Rudy Giuliani, a leading attorney for President Donald Trump, told Fox News on Saturday that two experts and retired Federal Bureau of Investigation agents have examined the tape Michael Cohen secretly recorded of Trump in 2016 and concluded it has been tampered with.
Donald Trump Jr, accompanied by his brother-in-law Jared Kushner and then campaign chairman Paul Manafort, had in June 2016 met a group of people including the Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya, who had offered politically sensitive information about Hillary Clinton, the Democratic candidate.
Hot off his tape proving that Donald Trump knew about the Karen McDougal payoff in advance-which is likely a campaign finance violation-it was reported that the former Trump family lapdog is prepared to testify with some damning tea in the Mueller investigation.
Nunberg defended the president and said recent revelations of a taped conversation between Trump and Cohen was going "too far".
President Trump's former lawyer and fixer says he is now willing to cooperate with special counsel Robert Mueller. On "This Week" Sunday, ABC Chief Legal Analyst Dan Abrams told Co-Anchor Martha Raddatz that Giuliani has "waived attorney-client privilege" in regard to the tape. And the transcript makes it quite clear in the end that President Trump says 'don't pay with cash'. Raddatz asked Abrams and Chris Christie, a former U.S. prosecutor and New Jersey governor who is an ABC News contributor, for their thoughts on the Trump team's legal strategy in regard to Cohen. "Sounds to me like someone is trying to make up stories in order to get himself out of an unrelated jam (Taxi cabs maybe?)".
Trump also took aim at Cohen for hiring Lanny Davis, a high-profile lawyer perhaps best known for working for Bill and Hillary Clinton.
She claims that she started an affair with Trump in 2006, just after his wife, Melania, had their son, Barron.
Cohen wasn't at the Trump Tower meeting and Cohen has not offered evidence to support the claim that Trump knew about the meeting. Giuliani declared that the tapes prove that his client's tweets about his relationship with Cohen were factual.
Mr. Giuliani defended his prior comments calling Cohen an "honest, honorable lawyer".
Cohen has recently made a concerted effort to distance himself from Trump.
Cohen was in the room when Trump was told of it. He said I only made it because I personally love the president and Melania.
- Lewis Hamilton wins Hungarian Grand Prix to extend Championship lead
- What now for Joseph Parker?
- Trump Says He’s Willing to Meet With Iranian President With ‘No Preconditions’
- Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho lashes out at 'baseball' referees
- 'Hot Water Challenge' reportedly leaves teen with second-degree burns
- Family Of Duck Boat Drowning Victims Files $100 Million Lawsuit
- Iran currency plunges to record low as U.S. sanctions bite
- CBS Board to Discuss Sexual Harassment Allegations Against CEO Les Moonves
- Rand Paul Says He Will Vote Yes on SCOTUS Nominee Brett Kavanaugh
- Julie Chen addresses allegations against husband Leslie Moonves on ‘The Talk’