But if you live in South America, eastern Africa, the Middle East and central Asia, you're in luck.
Even fewer lunar eclipses occur when the moon passes through the center of the Earth's shadow, which increases the length of the lunar eclipse. The next total lunar eclipse will occur on January 21, 2019.
Western Australia: In Perth, the total eclipse will become visible around 3:30 a.m. local time.
This is only four minutes short of the longest possible duration for a total lunar eclipse, which is one hour and 47 minutes.
A total lunar eclipse will be visible over most of Europe, Asia, Australia and South America on 27 July. "Don't miss Mars - the bright orange "star" near the moon on eclipse night", the ASSA said.
The Moon will appear to darken and gradually turn red as it moves into Earth's shadow in the early hours of Saturday. Rather than that sunlight hitting the moon's surface, Earth's shadow falls on it, according to National Aeronautics and Space Administration. It will take nearly two hours before the moon returns to normal. However, Indians might not be lucky because of the ongoing monsoon season in the country which might cause the moon to be blocked from view.
"India is at the centre stage of the lunar eclipse".
According to NASA, the partial eclipse will begin at 7.24 p.m. CET, with the total eclipse starting at 8.30 p.m. CET and ending at 10.13 p.m CET.
The Royal Astronomical Society said that Mars and the moon will appear low in the sky for everyone in the United Kingdom, so a location with an unobstructed southeastern horizon will afford the best view. It will be Mars's closest approach to our planet in over a decade so the planet will appear bigger in the sky. "A Blue Moon is the second full moon during a calendar month", said Duari, who also termed the year 2018 as "a year of lunar eclipses".
However, going by the way we get excited on seeing the Moon or any other planet in our Solar System, we'll probably lose our minds if we're ever contacted by aliens. "On the 27th July, Mars will be at its closest to the Earth, with the moment of opposition itself being in the early morning, although here in the United Kingdom we'll have to wait until nighttime".
- ITV profits fall as company looks to refresh strategy | 25 July 2018
- 'Mission: Impossible - Fallout' Cruises to Record Opening, 'Incredibles 2' Nears $1 Billion
- Xbox Live Games With Gold August 2018 Titles Revealed
- Hungarian GP: Lewis Hamilton enjoys a victory against the odds
- 3 dead, 7 injured in New Orleans latest mass shooting
- Trump hits back at Cohen and ‘fake news’ over Tower meeting allegations
- Dudley MP Ian Austin faces disciplinary action in Labour anti-Semitism row
- Matteo Darmian: I want to leave Man Utd
- West Nile Virus detected in human in Allegheny County
- Stormy Daniels arrest pre-planned by police department, emails show